'Met' online....ok to email again??

spainman_88

I emailed this girl on a dating site last week, we seemed to have a lot of similar interests, lost of stuff to talk about, etc. Last Sunday I got a long response from her saying things including

"I’d love to hear more about the places you’ve visited. What has been the coolest destination you’ve gone too? "

and "Anyway, I look forward to hearing more."

To me these indicated interest in future communication. I wrote back with a fairly long response as well, and that was a week ago. Since then I have heard no response from her. We live in the same part of the city, expressed interest in some of the same local spots.

My question is, should I send her another short email to establish that the interest is definitely there on my end and that I look forward to talking to her, etc? She has been active within 24 hours on there, so I know she is still browsing, looking for ppl, etc. Would such an email be a good idea since I haven't heard from her in a week?

Did you ask her any questions about her in your fairly long response? If not, that could be why she's not answering back. You could shoot her another email.

Yeah, I asked her a couple of questions (mainly based on things she had said in her earlier email to me). A few questions about her, some answers to her questions about me....

If I send another email advice on what to include?

If you asked her questions about her already, then from my opinion, I would forget her until I heard from her-that is if I heard from her. Some other guy has probably got her attention right now. This is online, right? Then there are many other women online who would be happy to date you. Throw your line back in the sea young man, there are many more fish in the sea to be caught

If you asked her questions about her already, then from my opinion, I would forget her until I heard from her-that is if I heard from her. Some other guy has probably got her attention right now. This is online, right? Then there are many other women online who would be happy to date you. Throw your line back in the sea young man, there are many more fish in the sea to be caught

Right. My thought was to send her a lighthearted email in essence to 'remind' her of my interest, especially in that she probably has been contacted by many guys. I've heard that sending a brief, friendly reminder can re-introduce her awareness/interest in communicating with me.

It's been a week so I'm not thinking I'm going to hear from her unless I elicit another response through contact. If I don't hear after that, then I'll forget it.

Main question is should I give her longer to contact me back, or send something of that sort?

You could email her again-but don't bring up that she has probably been contacted by many guys. It would come accross as you being insecure and also swell her head.

You could send something tomorrow and ask her how Easter was and that you were looking forward to getting to know her better. Leave it short and simple. Keep us updated

Hey Spainman,

Just sent her a quick light-hearted email asking her how she is (as per annie's post above) and I would also tack onto the end "Would you be interested in meeting up for coffee?" and give her your number... That way you progress things a bit faster.

Ammy

Has she been online since? Some women just vanish for a week or so. Give it a few more days and try again, if you don't hear anything. Makes me wonder how interested she is tho if she's can't find 5 mins in her day to respond to an email..

Has she been online since? Some women just vanish for a week or so. Give it a few more days and try again, if you don't hear anything. Makes me wonder how interested she is tho if she's can't find 5 mins in her day to respond to an email..

Yeah, she's been online at some point every day or so of the week. The first time I emailed her she responded by the next day...now its been a week. her initial response the first time was long and directly said she wanted to catch up more. Weird that she would lose interest....hence I'm not sure how to approach it best...

Yeah, she's been online at some point every day or so of the week. The first time I emailed her she responded by the next day...now its been a week. her initial response the first time was long and directly said she wanted to catch up more. Weird that she would lose interest....hence I'm not sure how to approach it best...

Spainman,

From my experience, I will usually only stop responding to a guy IF some sort of red flag shows in his response to me - but this is usually something extreme like racism, sexism, sleaziness... and I sincerely doubt your response would have contained any undertones of those things..

I don't know, I don't understand these weird and wonderful people we meet online... But perhaps the others are right and she met someone who better took her fancy? I usually invest energy in 1 guy at a time, UNLESS I am not really that into that guy and have doubts about him... but I know most people email a few people at once...

Just send another email, you have nothing to lose. But as I said, be direct, ask her out - that will get you ahead of the others.

Ammy

Hey Spainman,

Just sent her a quick light-hearted email asking her how she is (as per annie's post above) and I would also tack onto the end "Would you be interested in meeting up for coffee?" and give her your number... That way you progress things a bit faster.

Ammy

Also, Ammy, you think its a good idea to give her my number? Generally I wait for a girl to give me HER number, but I guess I could try that if you think its a decent idea...

Send her something funny. I was emailing a girl for a while that I met out one night. She went silent on me. I sent her a message to bring her back which lead to a date. If you want try something like this.

Are you playing hard to get? Did you read this is cosmo?! That's adorable...

I actually text that sometimes too. haha. Not sure why but it works. nothing is 100% tho

It seem like women throw tests out to guys online? What's up with that female posters?

Also, Ammy, you think its a good idea to give her my number? Generally I wait for a girl to give me HER number, but I guess I could try that if you think its a decent idea...

Well I personally prefer giving my number to a guy, than him giving me his - cos I hate having to make the first call.

So yeah perhaps just ask her if she wants to go out.. and then if she says yes, she should provide her phone number. I guess it's not necessary for you to give her yours just yet.. but it's up to you. I've had guys do it both ways.

Ammy

Send her something funny. I was emailing a girl for a while that I met out one night. She went silent on me. I sent her a message to bring her back which lead to a date. If you want try something like this.

I actually text that sometimes too. haha. Not sure why but it works. nothing is 100% tho

It seem like women throw tests out to guys online? What's up with that female posters?

See I wouldn't like that. If a guy sent me a message like that, it would irk me further and I would probably not respond. I kinda think that bringing up the "lack of contact" makes you appear insecure.

I had a guy email me after me not responding for 3 days going "Oh no, what did I do wrong?".. and I was like "Chill dude, I've just started my Masters in a new town, with no home internet... hence delayed reply!!"...

To me, if a guy said "you reading cosmo" would suggest a bit of a woman stereotype that I don't like either.

Ammy

Sounds like good advice.....give it another couple days before dropping her a line? Or timing doesnt matter now? Thanks guys!

Sounds like good advice.....give it another couple days before dropping her a line? Or timing doesnt matter now? Thanks guys!

Go for it man. Send it now if you want. You need to let us know if it works tho? I am thinking it may.

Like I said... Not 100% but I have used it enough to know it works. I also only date women who find humor in the same stuff I do. Too me, that is light and funny.

We would never work out Ammy;-)

I don't doubt some girls would find that funny and cute.. I guess it depends on the girl. It wouldn't work with a feminist like me though I do have a sense of humour. If it came from a guy I really liked, I would probably still date him... but it would irk me.

I don't doubt some girls would find that funny and cute.. I guess it depends on the girl. It wouldn't work with a feminist like me though I do have a sense of humour. If it came from a guy I really liked, I would probably still date him... but it would irk me.

I didn't say you didn't.=) Maybe ours are just different. You would probably never respond to my opening message to you. Maybe you would, since it would be so different than anything you have probably gotten. ;-)

So I just sent her a brief not saying hi, asking about her weekend, saying i'd be up for meeting up and making a joke about this neighborhood/area....

I tried to be a little funny but not offensive (Ammy, I think she's more like how you've desribed yourself in terms of reaction).

We'll see if it works...hope so!

Hey, if that doesn't work.. Maybe give what I wrote a try. What do you have to lose?

I'll keep it in mind dubb! Maybe with another girl...its all based on the vibe I get from their profile/early correspondence. But hey, maybe I will if this one doesnt work. we shall see...

I'll keep it in mind dubb! Maybe with another girl...its all based on the vibe I get from their profile/early correspondence. But hey, maybe I will if this one doesnt work. we shall see...

If something is not working, try something different. I live by that when it comes to women.

Archived