the rule of Thirds?!!

hazylynx

ok so the rule of thirds..

a Guy has slept with 9 girls.. so that means 3..

a girl has slept with 3 guys so that means 9

i think i heard that line on some * * * * ty film.. but i think there is some half truth there..

hmm this post seems pretty niave but hey

It depends on if the person wants to lie/brag about how many people they have slept with. If someone asks me I say the exact number lol. And everyone I know does the same. I would be worried if my gf had slept with 21 men in 4 years. 2 of which she was in a relationship lmao. I have slept with 6 people and say I have.

Guess that's just me and the people I hang around with. I think all they mean by it are men are more likely to brag and females are more likely to do the opposite in fear of being called "a slag"

I've slept with my share of men. I always tell the truth when asked, I mean, I want a man and not a boy, right? Adults don't keep count, at least not any I've known. When I was younger it was a big deal (I could never figure that one out), but by the time people have been married and divorced a couple of times, they realize numbers aren't that important. Compatibility is.

It really depends on the individual.

I have no shame in admitting the actual number of guys I've slept with. And I can say the same for many of my female friends.

But some people like to say a different number, for various reasons. Just depends. You can't actually make a rule and have it apply to everyone, though.

That is REALLY not true. I mean seriously.

My boyfriend told me he hadn't slept with anyone before me, and he hadn't. He was a virgin, and it was blatantly obvious.

I told him I had just slept with one guy before him, and it was true. There was just ONE other guy, my ex.

I don't have sex unless I'm in a relationship, and no matter what the number I don't feel a need in lying. I always tell the truth. If you end up starting a relationship with someone you lied to about your numbers, the relationship starts out on lies.

Thats very dishonest and I don't condone it.

Actually, that stupid rule, I can't think of anyone that it applies to nowadays. Unless it's just really shady people that are trying to downsize themselves to get some, or make themselves seem better.

That is REALLY not true. I mean seriously.

My boyfriend told me he hadn't slept with anyone before me, and he hadn't. He was a virgin, and it was blatantly obvious.

I told him I had just slept with one guy before him, and it was true. There was just ONE other guy, my ex.

I don't have sex unless I'm in a relationship, and no matter what the number I don't feel a need in lying. I always tell the truth. If you end up starting a relationship with someone you lied to about your numbers, the relationship starts out on lies.

Thats very dishonest and I don't condone it.

Actually, that stupid rule, I can't think of anyone that it applies to nowadays. Unless it's just really shady people that are trying to downsize themselves to get some, or make themselves seem better.

The older you get, the bigger the lies get.

There's more truth to this than most people realize.

I have one female friend, who was interested in me at one point. In casual conversation I asked her how many men she had slept with - her answer then was about 50. We never did get together, but i've now known her for 7 years, and again in casual conversation, she tells me she's slept with more than 170 men. I'd think the 'rule of thirds' applies here quite nicely. She's also 38, thought I might mention that.

Myself, i've had my share, so I round my number down....a lot. lol! Most men will round up - way, way up, if for no other reason than to be able to puff out his chest and say "ya, i've had tons of chicks". For me though, the rule of thirds applies as well - though I do it in reverse

That's from American Pie 2. But uhh, I'm not one to believe real life to be ANYTHING like the movie- sorry.

haha yes so it is! lol...what a savage film.

I think it's just guys lying then to make them selves sound like a stud round other guys i guess, i am using this w-a-n-k-e-r- currently sat on another table in the pub i am writing this post in as an example..he's talking really loud aboit his sex life

one quote he said is 'Girls can't resist me' haha.. makes me cringe..he looks like he has gone a few to many rounds with mike tyson..

back to work i guess need to stop procrastinating

hahah that rule always intrigued me!

I know loads of girls who'll say like, some guy they slept with once doesn't count because it sucked/they were a jerk/whatever.

I have actually been known to inflate my number - didn't want to admit I was a virgin when I was, because of the inevitable 'innocent' stigma, plus I'd done pretty much everything but sex with two guys then - so I counted them as numbers... it felt a bit stupid saying I was a virgin when I'd done far from virginal things

No it's not true.

When I was 14 and 15 I was a total pathological lier, I lied about EVERYTHING.

But I eventually aged out of it tby the time I turned 16.

I see no need to lie about my sex parners. Even if it was high. Which it isn't.

It totaly depends on the individual.

After reading everyone's responses, though, let's go back to the original idea that there's a "rule" for this...

Obviously there isn't.

Everyone is different, everyone's going to treat the "how many people have you slept with" question differently, and it's ridiculous to try and assign a rule. It's also unfair to those who DO tell the truth. That means that believers in this rule, if I tell them how many people I've been with, will automatically assume I've slept with triple that many? Laaaaame.

God, where did all the honesty in the world go?

It makes sense, as people care about their reputation amongst others. It is probably a reasonable generization and obviously doesn't apply to everyone. But if someone expects to receive a frown, a cold look from another person or more importantly a group then they'd probably lie to save face.

Take the more extreme cases. You have a 32 virgin who is out with a group of men in his new job. If asked about the number of sexual partners he's had, he's NEVER going to admit to being a virgin due to the stigma.

Still society is more accepting to women having multiply partners these days. So i'd doubt they'd lie unless a girl had slept with over 200 men. I was out with one girl who openly admitted to sleeping with 250 in 18months while working abroad. I quite admired her honestly xD

Still that rule of thumb will change with what is acceptable, respected by the culture and vice versa. It's like men lying about their penis size and always adding a few extra inches for some loving, respect and a good reputation amongst their peers haha. YOUR REPUTATION AMONGST THE HERD IS EVERYTHING!! EVERYTHING lol the need to feel important and of value of others..pretty much, linked into self esteem.

No it's not true.

When I was 14 and 15 I was a total pathological lier, I lied about EVERYTHING.

But I eventually aged out of it tby the time I turned 16.

I see no need to lie about my sex parners. Even if it was high. Which it isn't.

It totaly depends on the individual.

I have noticed in your posts you always reference yourself as being a pathological liar when you were 14... I'd never admit to being a pathological liar if I were you simply for the fact that pathological liars don't just quit lying one day and never lie again.. Somewhat off topic but just something I wanted to point out to you.

Archived