Is it physically possible for men to stay faithful?

lilwifey2208
What is a faithful husband
What is a faithful husband

The reason I ask is I don't know a single man who has remained completely faithful (physically as well as emotionally) to his wife.

My father, my husband and almost everyone of my past boyfriends have either physically or emotionally cheated on their significant other. Most of my friends have reported some type of unfaithfulness on the part of their husband. And mind you these are not dirty scum of the earth kind of guys! They are good sweet loving husbands (for the most part).

So when a man has a gorgeous, loving, accommodating, wife that will do anything he wants in the bedroom, what on earth could drive them to risk losing that for a few minutes (or hours) of "pleasure" with anything else?

Are men inherently discontent? They just have to have that which they don't have? Why marry if you are going to continue sleeping with others or looking at/ chatting with other women?

Why marry me if you are going to sit and look at her face book every day and pine away for what you missed out on?

Can any guys give me an answer to this quandary?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are men inherently discontent? They just have to have that which they don't have? Why marry if you are going to continue sleeping with others or looking at/ chatting with other women?

Everybody looks. Unless they're dead.

Sleeping with someone else is completely different to looking at or talking to.

Expecting someone to never look, or think about a woman other than their partner for the rest of their lives, I think is unrealistic. But expecting monogamy in a monogamous relationship, I don't think is a tall order - but you have to make sure everyone is on the same page as to what is expected of them.

1. I am sure you know many men that havn't cheated. It's just its not promoted when you don't but highlighted when you do.

2. They can't be that loving and sweet if they are cheating on their partner.

3. Looking and chatting with women is not cheating or anywhere close. Half of my friends are female, some I think are vary attractive but I would never kiss/sleep with any of them.

4. If you have never met a man that has never cheated in some way well I'm here lol. I have never kissed, made advances or slept with anyone whilst in a relationship. I think out of 10 of my closest male friends only 1 has cheated on his girlfriend. In fact I know more females that have cheated than males.

5. I am assuming a boyfriend/husband has cheated on you? It is terrible that happened, but being a man isn't an excuse for his actions or a reason. Its who he is that led him to cheat.

As for why he cheated or other men I can't say as I don't know him, you or the situation that surrounds the story. I can list off lots of things that cause some men to cheat (only from what I have heard or read, this is not targeted at you).

• He is a *bleep* and doesn't respect you
  • He doesn't love you and or loves someone else
  • He got bored of the relationship and wanted something more exciting
  • The female was too demanding
  • The female did not respect him or listen to him
  • The female "seduced him" that's a crap excuse tbh
  • One woman wasn't enough (also a load of trash)
  • They got into a relationship too young and want to relive what they think their youth should have been in like a little mid-life crisis.

At the end of the day if a man cheats it has gone too far. If he doesn't want to be with someone he should have left them. If he did want to be with the woman then he should not have cheated.

P.s. I know my post sounds a bit mean its not meant to be, just factual

I have friends who think that male infidelity is unrealistic and are willing to stay after infidelity. I also have a friend whose father gave his mother HIV.

So, while cheating may be common, I personally would rather be happily single than to stay with a cheating man. If they don't want to stay faithful, then they should boycott the vows.

Everybody looks. Unless they're dead.

Sleeping with someone else is completely different to looking at or talking to.

Expecting someone to never look, or think about a woman other than their partner for the rest of their lives, I think is unrealistic. But expecting monogamy in a monogamous relationship, I don't think is a tall order - but you have to make sure everyone is on the same page as to what is expected of them.

Agreed.

You can't expect that your SO (or you for that matter) will never run accross another person who carbonates their (or your) hormones.

It's what you choose to do with those "lust at first sight" feelings that matter. Choosing to remain faithful and honor your commitment to your spouse/SO means you DON'T act on those feelings.

I have met very few faithful men. My brother is very religious and I thought he was the lone exception. Nope. He cheated and him and his wife divorced last year. I repeat, I have met very few faithful men. I don't know about women, I don't date them. Could be the same statistic. I'm faithful, but I sometimes wonder why? I don't know if my bf has ever cheated, we are together every day and night, but since I assume the worst, I wouldn't be surprised if he has. Like my best friend tells me, "Honey, they ALL cheat!"

I think its just what you think of men because it has happen to you, so you are looking for more men that do it. If you weren't expose to it you probably wouldnt be looking for cheating men. But I feel your pain. I to think that all woman are cheaters in one way or another. Sorry for saying this but it is my current opinion!

Everyone is going to look. It's human nature. Male or Female. Yes it is very possible for male and females to remain faithful to one person if they have high morales and actually care about the person. It's all about control, cheating doesnt "just happen" like most people claim.

Everyone is going to look. It's human nature. Male or Female. Yes it is very possible for male and females to remain faithful to one person if they have high morales and actually care about the person. It's all about control, cheating doesnt "just happen" like most people claim.

This is very true. There are usually several steps between "meet new person who carbonates my hormones" and "horizontal bop"....each of those steps presents a choice that can be made. While it may be difficult, there is always the choice to say "no" or to walk away. And, to quote Rush, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

So, no, cheating doesn't "just happen."

I have never cheated, and to be honest, I can't imagine even considering it, let alone actually doing it.

I notice you were describing emotional cheating with your man and his frequenting the facebook of the so-called "One That Got Away".

I am totally with you on this one. My boyfriend was best friends with this girl in high school, and their senior year they dated for a month or two, maybe more, but not much more. She dumped him and never spoke to him again. (some best friend, huh?)

So now, five years later, he's still pining for the friendship he lost so long ago. Which I was understanding of at first...but now I'm like, "Gimme a break!"

Okay seriously, everyone here who's all "men are so horrible, they all cheat, blah blah"... STOP. Just cut it the heck out.

Frankly it's offensive as all hell.

I would never cheat on my significant other. Why would I? I mean this in the nicest possible way, but she's better than any of you And there's plenty, and I mean plenty of guys in the world who are faithful to their spouses. Sorry you all have had such bad experiences but men don't hold the patent on infidelity. Don't paint us all with the same brush.

And you know what? Faithful guys aren't that uncommon. Maybe you should analyze your male selection process, or where you're meeting your spouses. You kind of get what you pay for, so to speak.

Depends on the type of guy you marry! Women also want it all. great looking guy, great in the sack,great friend, great father etc etc.

That guy will never be faithful. He can always replace you with a women as good or better the minute he hits the clubs. The first argument or bad time in the marriage and he his off looking.

Pick your mates better....then at least you have a better chance.

Cheating does have a lot to do with opportunity, and more women find older men attractive than the other way around. So if fidelity is so important to you, don't marry handsome & successful men. Once you're both in your late 30s your best time will have passed while he'll in his prime, and there are only so many attractive 20-somethings he'll be able to say no to before he caves.

Archived