He loves me, but is he attracted to me?

ybcriuss

My boyfriend and I have been together for more than four years. I know he loves me, he's very caring and will do anything for me and others. I love him so much. Just like other relationships, we started off with the passionate kisses and so on. Now, I can't help but wish he would give me one passionate kiss like he used to. I've tried, but he doesn't respond. I get very discouraged when I see no reaction that I stop and sometimes cry without him knowing. I get the courage to try it again at other times, but same thing happens and I just gave up trying. I don't feel pretty and he's told me maybe about 7 times in more than 4 years, but only because I told him he doesn't tell me. I compliment him when he looks good, but he's never told me I look beautiful. I'm confused!!! When it comes to being intimate, well, let's just say that I have to start most of the time. I don't feel like he's attracted to me. I guess I'm afraid to say this to him because of what he might say. I don't know what to do or think!!!

Do not ask him if he is attracted to you. The way to approach this is to tell him how you feel. Tell him that you miss the old days when the two of you used to make out and passionately kiss each other...you miss the connection and you would love to get that back with him. Then see how he responds.

i agree with framing things in a positive way like this. not accusatory.

have you changed your appearance somehow from when you first got together (lost/gained a lot of weight, you don't try as hard anymore, etc...?)

Archived