Dating girl who just got out of relationship!

DJC83

Well im a newb here and stumbled upon this site yesterday. Let me start off by saying im 25 and havent been in a relationship in about 6 years. I met the girl im dating through her mother. Her mom and i work at the same place. ***** just got out of a relationship just before christmas. They were together about 1 year.

In the past two months we have gone out 4 times and it has been fantastic. I cant honestly remember the last time ive felt like this lol. Im old fashioned so i waited until the end of the third date to kiss her. I had asked her last week if she could see this slowly progressing into something more and she said that she is not sure how serious she wants to get and shes not sure what she wants yet.

I know she is still healing from her last relationship and i do not want to rush her. I found out last night that her ex's bday was on tuesday and i could tell she was a little withdrawn. She said its hard but wants to move on. So i guess what im asking is, does she just need more time to heal and decide? We are supposed to get together again next week! Any thoughts or opinions are much appreciated!

Don't talk about things "progressing" with her, and don't talk about her ex.

Just date her and make her laugh. That's all you gotta do.

She'll decide if she wants to move foreward without you pushing the envelope.

why did you already call her a name when you started this thread? unless the ***** is something else.

after a few months of dating you can usually really tell if it's going to work out or not. it is a 'move on' point. 4 dates in 2 months seems kind of limited though.

why did you already call her a name when you started this thread? unless the ***** is something else.

after a few months of dating you can usually really tell if it's going to work out or not. it is a 'move on' point. 4 dates in 2 months seems kind of limited though.

I was curious about that first part as well.

And I agree with the second part. Do you usually initiate these dates you've gone on with her, or is she doing her part as well? Usually someone who wants a serious relationship will begin spending a significant amount of time with them on a regular basis, but this seems more casual and doesn't sound like something that's bound to progress much.

Well the reason we dont spend much time together is she goes to school full time and works part-time. So its kind of difficult finding time especially when she gets slammed with homework alot. I wasnt calling her a name, its just her name blocked out. Ill just call her "cindy" so its not she all the time. Now that i think about it, i have been the one setting up the dates.

Even when I was going to school FT and working PT, I still found more time than twice a month to spend with guys I was dating/boyfriends...I mean, if you two were in an actual relationship, would you be okay only seeing her twice a month because she was THAT busy with school? I'd think if she was really interested she would make the time to see you more, no matter what.

This sounds like bad news, sorry to tell you. I can be frank because this pretty much just happened to me, and I got the "I'm not interested in going further than friendship" bomb dropped on me.

A friend/coworker became single after an 8-month relationship. I let her clear her head for two months (while we hung out in group settings). Getting a date with her was hell. She often said she was 'busy,' 'had to check my schedule,' or had to attend this and that...but would never offer up another time/date or thing to do.

Don't make excuses for her not doing her part in the dating world. If she wants to see you, she will make time.

So, ask yourself...is she doing her part? Or are you the only one playing the game? If not, move on.

Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror St...
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror Stories Reaction - Dating Stories Series - Darkpedia

Archived