To hold or not to hold

soursobgirl

Hi everyone,

Just was sitting at lunch today look at couples go by. I am reading this book on emotional communication and it said to go out and study other couples.

Now.... do you hold your significant others hand when you are out?

On the weekend my SO and I were out with another couple and they were holding hands the whole time. Later on my SO mentioned that if it bothered me, because it made him feel uncomfortable. Same with me I am not a hand holder...

Your view on hand holding people

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just was sitting at lunch today look at couples go by. I am reading this book on emotional communication and it said to go out and study other couples.

On the weekend my SO and I were out with another couple and they were holding hands the whole time. Later on my SO mentioned that if it bothered me, because it made him feel uncomfortable. Same with me I am not a hand holder...

Thanks

i dont mind seeing couples holding hands. I do it with the guy im seeing. Not ALL the time tho!! I dont need my hand to be held - im not a child, but its only for that closeness. Usually it only last for 5 mins or so coz you need your hand for something!

it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable seeing other people do it or me doing it. its cute.

There's a time and place for everything..I've been the one to push my ex-wifes' hand away brusquely when I thought it was too clingy, yet taken my S/O's hand for a minute whilst walking romantically in the forest. Generally it' not something I'm comfortable with in public.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

We don't hold hands if it's just us and one other person (cause that would make them feel odd, I'm sure) but almost always hold hands (if not continuously, intermittently) when we are out alone together. Hold hands, or more often, arms around each other's waist. But we're both very affectionate and enjoy affection.

I think not doing or (or doing it) only becomes an issue one way or the other when you have different/conflicting views on it?

We don't hold hands if it's just us and one other person (cause that would make them feel odd, I'm sure)

aaaaahaha. I felt a bit bad for the other guy walking with us the other day, since my bf would not let go of my hand! and we had a long walk to go. ohhman.

but I don't think it's possessive as we do often hold hands. not in school, but everywhere else. wow I never really thought to appreciate this, but I really enjoy walking holding his hand! if it gets too hot with sweaty palms, we link pinkies. x)

I concur with the above poster; there is no right or wrong as long as you guys agree on it.

Archived