Been hibernating all winter, what now?

Russ

So for the past 6-8 months, I've been working, working out, etc.

I was only hanging out with a couple of groups of my closest friends. Basically, not exactly open to meeting new people.

Since summer's here, I'm taking a nice, deserved break from work.

Too late, I realized that most of my friends work, quite a lot. Since many are in school, etc. So.. I need to meet more people.

I'm opening up all venues, so I'm expanding my circle through friends and through the Internet.

Now, here's the trouble. Face-to-face, when I meet new people, it's easy for me to make friends. I'm social. Not enough people are met, of course, since as I've said, I can only meet up with buddies on days off, and it's always chaotic to find days that fit.

On these websites, like that PlentyOfFish one, it's a whole different story. I'm not exactly sure how to approach anyone, since I'm not sure how people try to spontaneously generate relationships and friendships with pure strangers out of thin air.

So... what do I say? Say I found someone that seems pretty interesting, and I'd potentially want to meet this person. I've learned from a line of work related to my work that on meeting sites, any and most girls will be getting like, 20 emails a day. The fact that I'm not exactly sure how people meet people on the net doesn't help.

What up dude.. still trading them penny stocks. over the winter..

understand where youre coming from.. ive been working a ton all winter... waiting for summer to get here and go play myself...

as far as approching people.. not really sure if i understand your question.. you wanna know ways to approach woman on websites.. send em a message. make small talk and if you click then meet up and take it from there..

What up dude.. still trading them penny stocks. over the winter..

understand where youre coming from.. ive been working a ton all winter... waiting for summer to get here and go play myself...

as far as approching people.. not really sure if i understand your question.. you wanna know ways to approach woman on websites.. send em a message. make small talk and if you click then meet up and take it from there..

Hey! Good to see you around still

And I've been trading a tad. Mostly I've been working with a couple of Asian clients. Big money.

But.. Hell, I've no idea how to make small talk with someone on a website. I mean.. I've zero idea how I'd approach someone on the Internet

That's really my entire question. How do I approach to differ from the 20 other emails.

Hey! Good to see you around still

And I've been trading a tad. Mostly I've been working with a couple of Asian clients. Big money.

But.. Hell, I've no idea how to make small talk with someone on a website. I mean.. I've zero idea how I'd approach someone on the Internet

That's really my entire question. How do I approach to differ from the 20 other emails.

well theres a few way.. pics always good.. but more importantly find out about her thru her profile. they usaly list hobbies, intrest, education whatever... find something you have in common with her.. and send a in depth passionate e-mail.. example she writes about traveling.. you share your love of traveling.. tell her were you have traveled and were you would like to..

online dating is a numbers game.. you might send 10 e-mails and only get a few back... just be yourself.. and keep trying...

i have never tried onlide dating i always have succeses getting dates, at bookstores, grocery stores, bars.. anywhere in public woman are everywhere.. i find it easier just to see them, walk up introduce myself, feel her out and see if we would click.. its much more accurate then online dating... you could talk to someone for weeks online and meet in person and never click...

Lol, I'm not really even looking for any sort of relations. I keep that on the low simply because I left my ex after we spent New Years in Mexico, and I haven't really been able to feel right about dating anyone for longer than the night

The only reason I'd be looking around for a couple of new friends from the sites is because I need to get away from my stereotypical circles. I'm getting bored. And if your circle entails a certain kind of people, you're SOL trying to find someone outside of it.

That, and I get along with women much better than I do with guys. My female to male buds ratio would be at least 8:1. Don't know why that's so, but I figure it's not a bad thing.

So you wanna meet guys from POF...

not sure if thats were i would go.. if you wanna meet up with new guy friends to bs with..maybe a basketball league, any sports thing.. i know i meet bunch of male friends, when i went to car shows.. and we talked and bs about cars and girls..

theres also link removed where you can go to find groups of people to hang out with...

So you wanna meet guys from POF...

not sure if thats were i would go.. if you wanna meet up with new guy friends to bs with..maybe a basketball league, any sports thing.. i know i meet bunch of male friends, when i went to car shows.. and we talked and bs about cars and girls..

theres also link removed where you can go to find groups of people to hang out with...

No no no. Lol, girls. Girls. Guys... hell, I have enough guy friends. I've been up since 6 today working, so I may have screwed my words a bit there.

Oh, by the way. Just my luck. I signed up for that POF like, yesterday, and one of my female buds found me on it

5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – ...
5 Signs of A Strong Friendship – Spotting A True Friend

Archived