How do you know when you are ready for marriage?

I knew because he is the most wonderful, understanding, caring person I ever met & actually stayed that way the whole 3+yrs we been together. I never wanted to get married yet here I am getting married in 2 months. The thought of marriage doesn't scare me anymore, Im not nervous one bit (besides for the reception to go smoothly) but as far as the relationship/marriage part goes...I can't wait!

We both are settled emotionally, financally & definitely done "looking" ...if its not the right time now, then I dont know when it will be. lol. We are excited for the new chapter in our lifes...that's how we knew we were ready.

When you have learned how to balance a checkbook, live on a budget, handle a crisis on your own, have developed a thick skin, have high self-esteem, and would make a good business, love, and life partner. Oh, and you have met the right person who also possesses the same qualities.

Yes you have a general idea. I wasn't ready with either of my two marriages but was too chicken to back out, like I had planned on because I just couldn't say no to the first one, and my no was rejected by the 2nd one.

Messed up my life for sure.

Archived