Wanting to know your opinions!

Lauren8785

An ex-friend of mine now, and I were having a disagreement on women and their sexual choices.

He tells me he thinks a women is a {edit} if she has sex with a guy she does not have feelings for.

I told him I think a ---- is someone who sleeps around with a different guy everyday of the week.

See I had a FWB and I told him about it and now he thinks I am a ----- because of it. Which I think is totally stupid and he got all upset with me and now doesn't even want to talk to me anymore. Yes I know he's a moron.

Yet its ok for him to go out and be a man----- but if a lady does it, it makes her a ----. Its such a double standard.

My questions is what do you all think a ----- truly is??

I think if a women is comfortable and can handle what she does, there is nothing wrong with it.

typical double standard

there is no universal equation for what a single person defines as a w*

so there is no point in debating it. its one of those things that you cant really convert anyone into thinking differently. we all have different standards. narrowminded or not.

This double standard is perpetuated by insecure men and prudish women. By labelling women who take control of their of sex lives and have sex with who they want, when they want, as ----, * * * * s, etc., society seeks to discourage this behavior, which serves the interests of men who are worried that their woman will cheat, and women who are worried that their man will be seduced by another woman.

The quickest to label women as whores are, not surprisingly, strongly religious people, and very young men.

I think that a sl** and a wh*** (terms interchangable) IMO is:

a gal who sleeps around with a lot* of guys (a lot is hard to define... every night of the week is a bit much... but say numerous one night stands) or guys she just met, more than a few FWB situations, guys she doesn't have feelings for etc.

Now I further break down sl** and a wh*** by 2 groups:

"bad sl** and a wh*** " which is the gals who feel bad and guilty after, do it so guys will like them... and that sort of thing

the other group is

"good sl** and a wh***" which is the gals who are liberated like guys who sleep around. they do it without feeling bad, they are smart gals who don't use their bodies to get guys to like them, they do it because they enjoy sex, and becasue they want to and because they can. Basically a gal like Christina Augulaira- protrays herself like that. If he can, I can kind of attitude (if that makes sense).

It is totally a double standard but when I hear about a man-----, I think just as negatively about him as the "bad sl** and a wh*** " group.

It sounds like your friend has had some casual-sex-related advances rejected and is now bitter that other people get to have sex with women and he doesn't.

"a b*t$h is a woman that has sex with people other than me"

kind of like sour grapes

The common theme here pertains to people getting into drama-filled quagmires full of naive ignorance and misunderstood expectations. Almost 100% of the time, those who get involved lack fundamental relationship understanding and always misunderstand the gambit they run.

Regardless, those who wish to maintain a very promiscuous lifestyle should be free and able to do so as long as those they become involved with have no reservations and misunderstandings of the given situation.

Personally, I just wish all the above-mentioned were required to have a big red bar painted accross their forehead.

The "wh" word specifically denotes a person exchanging money for sexual favours.

The "sl" word is extremely sexist and has no place in an enlightened society (I guess people can use it for sexytime fun talk, but that's different). It cannot be used - seriously - in ANY appropriate way.

What i think: your ex-friend is a moron and a major a-hole.

When you are not seeing someone, or attached to another person in any way...what wrong is there in experimenting and seeing what your tastes are ?..It doesn't make you a sl** nor a who**,it just makes you sexually curious, and so you should be.

As for defining a "sl", I am not sure I can, there are many things that come into play, and I wouldn't necessarily all see it in a negative way. It is mostly a word society has started to use to define women that are sexual.

Edit: darn censor.

What i think: your ex-friend is a moron and a major a-hole.

When you are not seeing someone, or attached to another person in any way...what wrong is there in experimenting and seeing what your tastes are ?..It doesn't make you a sl** nor a who**,it just makes you sexually curious, and so you should be.

As for defining a "sl", I am not sure I can, there are many things that come into play, and I wouldn't necessarily all see it in a negative way. It is mostly a word society has started to use to define women that are sexual.

Edit: darn censor.

Thank you so much!! I agree with what you said 200% and yes he is an A hole for calling me a W because I had a FWB thing. He can go out and do any women he wants but if I wanted to have casual sex with someone I know, I wouldn't just do it with anyone, I guess in his eye makes me a s lut...whatever he's f*ing dumb!!! And with the poster who said something along the lines of maybe he's insecure and was upset cuz I didn't mess with him, makes a lot of sense too!!! This guy just made me feel confused, I know Im not a * * * * * but him judging me like that ticked me off. I wouldn't just do any tom, * * * * and harry thats gross and I have more respect for myself then that but if a friend and I felt comfortable enough to do something like that then I dont see any problem with it.

Describe a person who you think is ...
Describe a person who you think is very open

Archived