I feel like giving up.

huskiesfan

I dunno. I feel like I need someone to talk to, badly. I just feel like giving up on love, everything. Everything has been so stressful lately, and it seems like my friends are uninterested in helping. I feel so sad right now, it is not even funny.

Where do I even start...well, i have a crush on this one girl, but it seriously seems like either she is too oblivious to my hints (which seems unlikely) or she's just ignoring them because she doesn't like me.

I think she likes this other guy, who all the girls in the musical ensemble we all play in seem to like, so it seems like, wow, i must be really unattractive or stupid or something.

Outside of there, it seems like girls aren't interested, so i mean, its like, ive been through rejection after rejection after heartbreak for a while, and its becoming disheartning.

I want someone to like me back. I mean, I feel like going ahead telling this girl I like her because I am giving up my crush. I dunno.

Plus, school and papers and finals are starting to weigh in, so its not helping my stress level any. Its just piling up these last few days.

I dunno. I feel like I need someone to talk to, badly. I just feel like giving up on love, everything. Everything has been so stressful lately, and it seems like my friends are uninterested in helping. I feel so sad right now, it is not even funny.

I've been feeling this way since Dec. when I got laid off.

Wanna talk about it?

Single best piece of advice I've gotten from this site: Stop looking for love and let it find you.

Seriously, every time I just plain give up, I either get an e-mail on the dating site I'm on, or bump into someone that I click with.

Doesn't necessarily mean it lasts, but it gives me hope.

Take a break from looking so hard for someone to like you back and just concentrate on your papers and finals. Use the summer break to scout the local malls/pools to find your summer catch

^

That is so true. I know it's frustrating to hear, but when you stop looking, it comes. My sister and I are key examples. Neither of us were looking, and we both wound up meeting the loves of our lives. She met hers on E-harmony when she was about to cancel the subscription, and I met mine by a total chance encounter. When I got my stuff together and got out of a lousy no good lifestyle, I met him. If I had still been in the lousy lifestyle, I wouldn't even have really noticed him, I am sure of it.

The best thing that you can do is focus on school and get er done, and build yourself up.

Single best piece of advice I've gotten from this site: Stop looking for love and let it find you.

Seriously, every time I just plain give up, I either get an e-mail on the dating site I'm on, or bump into someone that I click with.

Take a break from looking so hard for someone to like you back and just concentrate on your papers and finals. Use the summer break to scout the local malls/pools to find your summer catch

You're right. Im just going to let this girl know how I feel, just to get it off my chest. It has been bothering me, I figure I at least owe her that, then I'll start NC, and just...give up and stop looking for now.

You're right. Im just going to let this girl know how I feel, just to get it off my chest. It has been bothering me, I figure I at least owe her that, then I'll start NC, and just...give up and stop looking for now.

The first step is always the hardest. Once you do it, you'll feel a whole lot better. I'm sure of it.

EDIT: Redrose beat me to it. =P

^

That is so true. I know it's frustrating to hear, but when you stop looking, it comes. My sister and I are key examples. Neither of us were looking, and we both wound up meeting the loves of our lives. She met hers on E-harmony when she was about to cancel the subscription, and I met mine by a total chance encounter. When I got my stuff together and got out of a lousy no good lifestyle, I met him. If I had still been in the lousy lifestyle, I wouldn't even have really noticed him, I am sure of it.

The best thing that you can do is focus on school and get er done, and build yourself up.

Its not frustrating at all. Your right, i just need to stop trying so hard at it. I just hope God brings someone soon, thats all....

I bet as soon as you do, you'll feel like a big weight has been lifted.

The first step is always the hardest. Once you do it, you'll feel a whole lot better. I'm sure of it.

EDIT: Redrose beat me to it. =P

I did it. It kind of does feel a little good, but I also feel like crying my eyes out right now. One because I'm voluntarily just giving up feelings for someone I like a lot, and secondly, I deleted her off my fb friends list. She probably doesn't like me anyways, but part of me hopes she tries to add me on Facebook again. Oh God, please help me.

I did it. It kind of does feel a little good, but I also feel like crying my eyes out right now. One because I'm voluntarily just giving up feelings for someone I like a lot, and secondly, I deleted her off my fb friends list. She probably doesn't like me anyways, but part of me hopes she tries to add me on Facebook again. Oh God, please help me.

Relax. It's not the end of the world if she doesn't reciprocate feelings for you. Chances are, you'll forget about her in the tide of finals week and papers that are coming up.

Like I said, you should just make the summer really, really fun. Keep it light and do things you wouldn't normally do. Go to parties and mingle, connect with friends, and try to expand your social circle. The best way to meet someone is through a friend, IMO.

Relax. It's not the end of the world if she doesn't reciprocate feelings for you. Chances are, you'll forget about her in the tide of finals week and papers that are coming up.

Like I said, you should just make the summer really, really fun. Keep it light and do things you wouldn't normally do. Go to parties and mingle, connect with friends, and try to expand your social circle. The best way to meet someone is through a friend, IMO.

The thing is, I march in a drum corps, and she marches in the same corps. So I'm going to have to see her all summer. Ah well. You're right, its not the end of the world, it just kind of hurts right now. Maybe that will go away with time. Agh, i feel like I can't do anything right lately.

The thing is, I march in a drum corps, and she marches in the same corps. So I'm going to have to see her all summer. Ah well. Agh, i feel like I can't do anything right lately.

Well, if she doesn't reciprocate, wouldn't it be amazing to just find out one way or another so you can find someone who does?

Yeah I totally agree with Rais. A friend helped me snap out of this thinking by telling me its silly to get so upset over, something you have no control over. We can't make people love us or like us. If it happens, it happens. Once we stop looking for it, it will come, maybe not as fast as we'd both like but it will. For now use this time to just live it up and have fun being single and not being tied down to anyone. You can do what you want when you want no worries Concentrate on knowing yourself and what you want out of life and getting your school work finished!!!

Too bad this hasn't worked for me. Hope it works for you though.

I personally find "Hope" one of the best cures for situations like these. I suppose the flipside is when you don't get any hope for a long time then it really sinks you.

But when you're in that age level of school, exams, etc. it's still ok.

Feeling like a failure, mum? This i...
Feeling like a failure, mum? This is what you need to hear

Archived