Late for a Meeting

heartbroken84

Hello,

This is not really relationship related. I met this guy from an online forum and we were supposed to meet Sunday afternoon. I was supposed to meet him at 1:00pm but I was running about 30 min late. I called him and he said perhaps we could meet another day. I messaged him and asked if he could meet after his class around 5:00 PM. And he messaged back saying he could meet at 14:45. I misread the message and thought it read 4:45. I didn't even realize it was military time for 2:45 PM!!!

I guess it wasn't meant to be, and there is no way I would expect him to want to meet me again. I hate people who are late. And I'm one of them! Sad thing was, that he was really cute.

-Bummed out

Hello,

This is not really relationship related. I met this guy from an online forum and we were supposed to meet this afternoon. I was supposed to meet him at 1:00pm but I was running about 30 min late. I called him and he said perhaps we could meet another day. I messaged him and asked if he could meet after his class around 5:00 PM. And he messaged back saying he could meet at 14:45. I misread the message and thought it read 4:45. I didn't even realize it was military time for 2:45 PM!!!

I guess it wasn't meant to be, and there is no way I would expect him to want to meet me again. I hate people who are late. And I'm one of them! Sad thing was, that he was really cute.

-Bummed out

No way he is gonna believe twice...Act dumb and ask him what happened to him at 4:45....lol

He called me when I was late again and sounded really upset. He said next time read the message carefully. I tried to act dumb, I really thought he meant 4:45 pm. argh

All you can do is tell him...Look I am really really sorry, I am not usually like this, I would like to get together..It probably looks like I dont but I am interested in hooking up...If you want to try again, Im game, if not, I understand..

I spoke to this guys last night via msn after I sent two apology emails and one apology text message. His response was basically that he forgives me, but it didn't feel good. He also said he would rather not deal with this since he has a busy week ahead of him. He said that we may or may not meet in the future and that he will leave it up to god's will. Then he wished me the best and said good bye.

So...I couldn't get any sleep over this, I feel so lame. I don't know if that was his way of saying its over or that maybe we will meet. I want to e-mail him maybe mid week and let him know that I can meet him in his city on Friday or Sat or Sun....but I don't know if thats pushing it. I just hate not knowing where things are...help

That sucks. I can understand his frustration. But at the same time I can't help but think "What a tight ass"... Everyone makes mistakes and screws up... Maybe it was your subconscious that prevented you from successfully meeting this guy.

If that were me i would call him and say "look this was a really hectic day at work. I mistaken thought you meant 4:45 as I am not used to military time." You can add you would love to meet him and that you apologize that today went so crazy.

It was a freaking work day. If he can't understand that maybe that is a chaotic time to try to meet maybe he isn't a very understanding person anyway. I'd have been taken aback by him telling me to read more carefully. If it was an honest mistake i wouldn't appreciate him talking to me like a child....so you might be dodging a bullet if you don't meet up with this cat anyway.

EDIT: after reading your latest reply i feel even more strongly that what i said in my last post is likely the case. Sure, you were late twice in one day but it was a work day. Things come up and messages can be misinterpreted.

Screw him. Let him find someone else to talk to like a child. Who sends messages with military time to meet up anyway unless they are in the military? Maybe some people do but it isn't widespread and those who do should realize someone might misintrepret it in a hurry.

Thanks Jaded Star, you made me feel better Except it was not a work day. It was a weekend. He had some sort of conference and could only take breaks at certain times. But for me it was a hectic day and I made a mistake twice. The first time was my fault, we agreed at 1:00pm and I was running late. I still could have met up with him if he didn't have a strict schedule. The second time, was a total accident...but we all make mistakes, and you're right he sounded like a tight ass. I'm still upset with myself though..

Archived