What if a girl says/does these things on a date?

fivespot

Ok, I went out with this girl that was a friend of a friend that was interested in meeting me. Personally, I don't think I'm quite ready for a relationship as I'm just starting to be happy as a person being single (not thinking of my life as defined by a partner).

Anyway, we went out and things went well. She laughed at all my jokes, seemed to be interested in what I had to say, etc. I know she wants another date, but I'm thinking, of course she does...I practically handed her a $50 bill. It was an expensive date (I never learn).

Anyway, she brought up her ex three different times. I brought my ex up zero times. The last time was the straw for me. She said one of the perks of going out with her last bf was because he used to take her to this expensive restaurant all the time.

Then she started acting all weird at the end of the date, like she was trying to make me angry. In the beginning of the date, she was saying how much she liked movies and was naming all the movies she'd recently seen.

Then at the end of the date, she was saying how she really doesn't like movies and she can't sit still for very long.

Earlier in the date, I mentioned how I didn't like this one particular band and again, on the ride home, every song that came on from my iPod, she told me she coudn't stand it...literally, like five songs in a row, "I hate this song, I hate this band..." I was ready to tell her, "then turn the ******* radio off!" but I kept my cool.

Anyway, like I said, she wants to go out again, but I definitely don't. I told her I'd call her (stupid) but I probably won't even do that.

Some outside perspective would be appreciated!

Like it is said above, some people are driven by conflict. She feeds off the emotions you give off when she is creating conflict.

That or she really isn't over her ex and by the end of the date, she was trying to make herself believe she is over him....

I don't know how anyone could deal with a date like that and want to go on a second. Think about the two of you together after a year. You'll have lost all interest in your music because you simply can't even listen to it without her putting her 2 cents in every song. What else is she going to hate?

Now - that's just the music. Something that can come to a compromise. What really made me wonder is how she kept bringing up her ex and how the only benefit was him taking her to an expensive restaurant.

Ha ha ha! Thanks everybody...this is pretty much the same response I got from my friends lol!

Like I said, the whole date wasn't terrible. I was having a somewhat good time...I mean, I wasn't constantly looking at my watch like other dates I've been on.

But there were a lot of things I didn't like.

And I'm really not sure I'm completely ready to date...

Maybe I would be if I met someone and sparks really flew. But that's not the case here. And I still miss the bond and comfort zone I had with my ex, but I don't miss my ex anymore and I'm doing fine on my own.

I'm not going to mess with a good thing...I'm staying single for the time being. Thanks everyone!

Hmm, sounds to me like she was trying to impress you at first by liking the same things you like...and then, since she doesn't truly like those things, forgot later on and accidentally let the truth slip out.

Either way, bottom line is if you didn't have fun and aren't ready for a relationship, it was only one date and it's not too late to give up on her!

Five - it sounds like you were spending more time looking for reasons it won't work, rather than reasons it would.

This signifies to me that you're just not ready to date.

No shame in being single and working on yourself.

Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror St...
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror Stories Reaction - Dating Stories Series - Darkpedia

Archived