Why do they disappear?

husk

Ok here goes . In the past 4 weeks or so i have met or started talking to four women all at diffeent times wasnt talking to all them at once. Anyway we would talk online then text and calll on phone and alll of them reallly said they liked me thought i was handsome and a really great guy would make plans to meet just yesterday the last one she was flirting with me by texting i was out of town, saying alll these nice things then hours past didnt hera from her then lastnight at midnight she did email me i had ask her if she was mad or anything she said no that her cell phone sevice wasnt working welll so i text her this morning she texted back once and then emailed after i emailed her short again not like she had been she was always flirty so i havent heard nothing from her again alll day and tonight i dont know what to think i sent her some text just acting cute nothing bad , but i dont know what to think this has happened to me three times prior in the past three weeks , just dont know or understand it at alll. Shuld i just be quite see if she contacts me or what ? why do women do this so much ?are they just game players?

Because when you are talking to more than one person, someone maybe more likable. It happens all the time, you talk to 4 or 5 people and the one who doesn't have a stand out personality gets pushed to the side indirectly. So I don't think they are playing games, you just have to figure out a way to stay in their head because you are up against so many other guys online.

yeah but she said she liked and that wasnt talking to anymore guys but me . i dont think u understand we talked all day texting back and forth and then at night im tilll 3 in morning and then she wanted me to calll her and she said she enjoyed talking more on teh phone and she would always email me and text me first she liked me now nothing. this drives me crazy the fourth one in four weeks i get my hopes up thinking this might be good, and then silence. why?

yeah but she said she liked and that wasnt talking to anymore guys but me . i dont think u understand we talked all day texting back and forth and then at night im tilll 3 in morning and then she wanted me to calll her and she said she enjoyed talking more on teh phone and she would always email me and text me first she liked me now nothing. this drives me crazy the fourth one in four weeks i get my hopes up thinking this might be good, and then silence. why?

Another Guy, sorry but it's called the life of Online dating.

Well for starters, I hope you use punctuation in the emails you send them.

Secondly, BACK OFF. You can't just go text/email/phone crazy the second you meet a woman. You need to have some SPACE inbetween calls/texts/emails/meetings. If you just smother them the second they show an ounce of interest you're going to lose them in a heartbeat.

The electronic age....when I was a single fellow we had no phones or computers...when a sexy gal walk past...we flirt..go out and kiss her to let her feel the electricity. Get out from behind the keyboard ..put on some nice threads and try some face to face seduction. At least youll see face to face who does and does not like you.

You know the-"something came up" excuse is old and tired-lol

well things do come up though.

my ex used to text me all the time. at first, i amused him and replied. but when i go out with friends, i don't remember about my phone .. and i don't check my phone very often unless it rings or i notice it vibrate. so i could go for days without checking. and i really don't think about it because it's only a couple of days.

when i came back, my ex was emailing me like 5 times + texting. it was like... omg, this guy is a freak and i didn't realize.

a lot of my friends will comment on how late i reply text messages sometimes too. but seriously, if something caught my interest, i will run off with it and forget about texting. and if i don't hear my phone, i won't remember to check it. my phone isn't my life line - and it isn't for more people. so chill OUT.

yeah guess your right no need in worrying about it just let her contact me if she wants and if not move along just been kinda werid the last four did the same thing. Maybe wwe just need to act like we are that interested in them .

as someone said before, you need to back off just a bit with texts/emails. Its not a great idea to send them a text, and then in a very short space of time send an email. Unless the chick is already REALLY into you, they will feel crowded. If you dont contact them for a day, if they are interested in you - even slightly they will most likely think about you at some point and maybe contact you!

ive noticed when girls really really like a guy, they can be in touch all the time and it wont bother them... but when a girl is unsure, on the fence or whatever, it can make her back away....

contact them, yes, but also let them contact you.

Yeah absolutely, a lot of people dont rely on their phone that much - while others its everything....

Also keep in mind, they may be doing something at the time you send the text, and are unable to reply. Or they have their phone on silent

or.... maybe they are out of credit or haven't paid their bill.

i have noticed tho, when im seeing someone, i tend to check my phone more....... just to see if i've heard from him. lol

ok an update ok well she talke to me on satnight it was a good chat on im she sounded fine and then sunday she was texting me and saying she wanted to meet me and was very friendly and sem liekd she liked me , then monday came she talked to me by email i was at work didnt talk much teh emails was spread out i had kinda sent her some saying i had missed getting to talk to her as much today due to being at work. So lastnight i ahd sent her a couple had backed off some she sent me one at 7 asking if i had a good nap and i sent a couple back and heard nothing. We useally chat on im cause she dont get phone service at her house but nothing. Im relly confused in what to do i havent contacted her and dont plan to i guess to see if she contacts me. Could you all tell me what i should do or should i do nothing ? i really like her she acts like yesterday she like me and said she wanted to meet me but seems like she is losing interest or maybe someone else ahs came in > Confused.

You see, you're still doing it. She sends you an email, and you follow up by sending 5. That kind of eagerness may be appreciated by someone you've been dating for a while, but not someone new. What are you saying in these emails? What you should be saying is 'can we meet' or 'lets have a coffee', something like that. Do your talking face to face. An occasional text or email is good, but going overboard just shows that you're too eager.

It's a balancing act.

Archived