I am so pessemistic!

enchanted771

There's a saying about pessimists.....either they're always getting to be proved right, or when they're wrong, they're pleasantly surprised!

Your guy needs to know how you feel--the more he knows about how you feel about things, the less likely it will be that things will go wrong. Just saying "I've been hurt a lot in the past and I need you to____________________________" will go a long way towards getting things off to a good start.

Speaking as a guy who has just been with a self proclaimed pessimist, you have to talk this out with him. Ultimately a leap of faith is needed from you too as well as good communication. I didn't really get this and I know how I felt. If you don't address it, he may feel he is getting the short end of the stick when truly, he has done nothing to deserve it.

If he is a good guy, he will understand and will do his utmost to work with you and beat down the barriers one by one.

im thinking your best bet is to just talk to him, let him know. If your holding back just a tad because your affraid to get hurt, let him know that. BUT, even though you maybe scared of that and it would be difficult, if you want it to work - you need to let go of the fears and fall in, otherwise there is the chance he will move on as he might feel your not really in the relationship/him/us....

Archived