sometimes I feel like this message board is like a relationship orphanage, we are all in the process or trying to move on, accepting in our head that it is what it is and make the best of it. Some of us maintain this mentality, some of us hang onto this small notion of hope that we might get adopted (back with our partner), ultimatley most of us would like this more than anything but suppress that desire. we all just hang around this board sharing our emotions and feelings and out of the blue once in a while some one says "hey I just got adopted(back with my partner), so i wont be posting on here anymore" then we all smile and say congrats. and best of luck but somewhere inside we are somewhat jelousy and think "why them and not me?" which is a selfish thought I know but a human one at that.

I think more people on this board are trying to get over someone than trying to get back with someone. And the rest of the people are trying to get with people. And some people just ask random questions.

well this is the "getting back together" board

ENA and I have a complicated relationship. When I came here, what, two years ago, I was a wreck emotionally and trying to hold onto the desperate hope of getting back together with my ex. What I learned here was that my experience was not as uncommon as I believed it to be and, over the course of my tenure, developed my understanding of the way relationship dynamics tend to work. Since then, I -have- moved on and in fact entered several new relationships. The most recent I've been in for about seven months now and has been going strong.

to me, this site is all about character. People come here to help develop there's. Some, when they are successful, move on. Others, like me, like to stick around and try to give back. That I can help anyone ease the pain that I myself have gone through is an incredible boon in my life... And I thank ENA everyday for making it possible. Yes, even you admins, with whom I occasionally clash!

might be nice to hear from a few of the adoptees...you know...other than when it doesn't work out for the second, third, fourth time...etc.

was getting back together a good thing? did anything change? if so...what?

I'll have to get back to you on that, 90.

Archived