Hi everybody,

I do hope you are a tolerant and open-minded bunch because what I am about to ask is not easy.

My husband comes from a very large family. One of my brothers in law (let’s call him Jack) who is my age and, according to him “not sure about his sexual identity” was abused since he was 7 by older brother in law (let’s call him David). Jack told me that David, almost 9 years older, started by giving Jack all the attention and affection Jack craved (very large family, father worked all day and pretty rough mannered, mother not at home most of the time or just not interested in full time parenting …!). So David sort of became a surrogate father and mother for Jack and took him under his wing. Then he started abusing him sexually; Jack told me he did not see anything wrong with it first (how could he, he was just a baby) but then, when he did start seeing something wrong, David simply convinced him, sometimes forced him to do as he wanted.

Jack told me that this went on for years and years, until he himself was around 22 or 23 and David was 30+ and already married 3 or 4 years…

Finally, one day, Jack locked his bedroom door and said, no more. End of story.

I was speechless but, based on other facts etc, I KNOW this story is true.

For reasons that I do not want to go into I would like your “simple” opinion on this: when David started abusing Jack, first gently, then not so gently he must have been about 15. But when David and Jack continued to have sex with each other well into their 20s and 30s they were both adults. I know Jack is either homosexual or bisexual (he tells me he himself doesn't know ) but what about David? Is he homosexual or bisexual ?

David? David is a child molester & sick, is what he is. Whether he is homosexual or bisexual or whatever, doesn't matter. He needs help, IMO

Jack could be bisexual or he could not be, but Im sure he will figure that out on his own. Just because he had sex with this guy that molested him doesn't mean he's gay.

I agree with Ac143, to me it doesn't prove either one is gay or bisexual I mean they could still be but having a history of child abuse (abuser) in of itself doesnt prove that.

You seem to be convinced that when a 15 year old abuses a 7 year old this proves that the 15 yo must be gay or bisexual, I wouldnt even go that far. Its a very sad story I hope there are getting the help they need.

Archived