My new birdies! :D

paranoiac543

My mom's friend gave them to us for some reason. I looked up on the internets how old they are and it seems they are about 4 months old or younger. wow that is young!

I wish they'd chirp more. They seem to chirp more when I put on coldplay in the background

link removed

About five or six years ago, me, my mom, and my dad decided to buy a parakeet, and he was a pretty active bird. He hated being handled, though, and would constantly bite. Somehow, my dad got him to come around a little bit (any time we get pets around here, they seem to fall for my dad, and they seem to hate me, even though I'm not aggressive or mean to them at all 'Bout a year ago, the bird passed away, and we got a new one, but it's... not a very interesting bird. It's not active at all, it just sits in the corner, looking terrified, and it's been like that since we got it. The other bird had little toys that it played with, it had a swing it would go on, but this bird won't do any of that. My dad can kinda handle this new bird, but it's mostly scared of being handled; it doesn't bite like the last one, but it flutters around the cage, trying to get away.

I also have no idea what the gender of this newer bird is; when we first got it, that thing above its beak was a brown color, which is supposed to indicate that the bird is a female, but as time went on, it turned from brown to blue, which is supposed to mean the bird is a male. So, now I'm confused about what it is. o.O

You wished they chirped more? LOL. My brother has one (it's not a parakeet though), I think it's a finch and the thing won't stop chirping all day. It's annoying. hehe. I'm not that partial to small birds. But I think parakeets are adorable. They're a whole lot funner when they let themselves be handled and played with. Did you name them?

Archived