This is why I hate to see the Weekends come as a unemployed person

1.Those are the only two days of the week when you know the phone won't ring because of a employer

It's like you are forced to take somewhat of a break and wait for monday to roll around again. So on the weekends I don't apply to jobs I just research and read up on ways of getting back into the workforce. That's why I spend 9 hours during the week trying to make it productive because I know that once the weekend comes it's only a social call. It's like I'm sad to see Friday and so happy to see Sunday night-lol And I take Saturday Off and use Sunday to set my agenda for the week. So basically saturday is the only day when I'm not doing anything in regards to job searching.

Plus there are no new job postings on craiglist on the weekends.

i agree' date=' i've been thinking the same thing. guess you can use weekends for yourself. play some sports, clean up the house, etc...[/quote']

Yeah saturday is either my DVD day or a day to go play scrabble and have dinner with my family. Sunday is AGENDA day-lol

lol well at least you are looking hard for a job during the week and still get to relax and rewind during the weekends.

I just created a new resume for the new month and put it to test today and applied to a job on careerbuilder today. I got a reply from the employer in a hour through email-lol only thing is the job is located no where near where I live. I use jobs that are 25 miles away to test my resume-lol And there has been like 4 employers who called me and left a message but of course I never returned their call. I just for once want to get a call back from a employer who is in the area of the city I want to work in.

that must be tough. do you live in a large urban centre? or more in the suburbs?

No I live right in the city, downtown. Since being laid off, I have not gotten a call back from jobs that were close to me. All the interviews I hd was for jobs in other areas. I sent my resume to 3 jobs that were 10 min away and no reply-lol

So that's why I created a new resume, to get a reply from a closer job. That was my game plan for April, how to get replies from CLOSER JOBS since I already know I can get replies from employers.

that's pretty smart of you. gotta change tactics if one isn't working.

i am kind of in the same boat, most of the jobs i find that i may be able to get are in the other side of the city. which is a bit too far for me since i don't have a car and have to use transit. so if i'm finishing work at 9 pm (part-timing) then getting home past 10 on the bus wouldn't be very smart....not in my area at least. that leaves me with not many jobs to choose from.

that's pretty smart of you. gotta change tactics if one isn't working.

i am kind of in the same boat, most of the jobs i find that i may be able to get are in the other side of the city. which is a bit too far for me since i don't have a car and have to use transit. so if i'm finishing work at 9 pm (part-timing) then getting home past 10 on the bus wouldn't be very smart....not in my area at least. that leaves me with not many jobs to choose from.

My fall back plan is "GOING BACK TO MY OLD JOB" The door is open but I'm trying to move forward but I may have to go back there in early may so I can be rehired by July-lol The boss told me he will bring me back but I didn't want to hold my breath. Whenever day I decide to visit I don't want to look like i'm in NEED and be like-"PLEASE I NEED A JOB" When asked-"so what have you been up to?

"I been traveling and volunteering at a Say Yes to Education Program to keeo myself busy"

Not-"Man just trying to pay bills and find a job"-lol

1.Those are the only two days of the week when you know the phone won't ring because of a employer

It's like you are forced to take somewhat of a break and wait for monday to roll around again. So on the weekends I don't apply to jobs I just research and read up on ways of getting back into the workforce. That's why I spend 9 hours during the week trying to make it productive because I know that once the weekend comes it's only a social call. It's like I'm sad to see Friday and so happy to see Sunday night-lol And I take Saturday Off and use Sunday to set my agenda for the week. So basically saturday is the only day when I'm not doing anything in regards to job searching.

Plus there are no new job postings on craiglist on the weekends.

While thats true, its might be a good idea to also see it as a 'break'. Even though you might be really stressed out about finding work or not having a job, sometimes finding a job can become a job in itself and is just as stressfull. Look at weekends a time for you to relax, gather your thoughts, have some fun, re-energize for the next week to get back into searching again. If you do it every day every hour of every day, it becomes much much more stressfull.

My fall back plan is "GOING BACK TO MY OLD JOB" The door is open but I'm trying to move forward but I may have to go back there in early may so I can be rehired by July-lol The boss told me he will bring me back but I didn't want to hold my breath. Whenever day I decide to visit I don't want to look like i'm in NEED and be like-"PLEASE I NEED A JOB" When asked-"so what have you been up to?

"I been traveling and volunteering at a Say Yes to Education Program to keeo myself busy"

Not-"Man just trying to pay bills and find a job"-lol

Hey, that would be wonderful if you got your old job back. Yes, it is good to change jobs after a while so you don't stagnate, but in these tough times if you can get your old job back that would be great. Years ago my uncle was let go from his job only to be re-hired several months down the road.

Hey, that would be wonderful if you got your old job back. Yes, it is good to change jobs after a while so you don't stagnate, but in these tough times if you can get your old job back that would be great. Years ago my uncle was let go from his job only to be re-hired several months down the road.

Just watching the news will make going back to your old job not such a bad thing-lol

good stuff!

I also realized that employers don't call you on fridays-lol All the calls I have received since January 23rd has been on Monday to Thursday. So it looks Friday is the real start of the weekend.

BTW: I just doubled checked to make sure and went back on my caller id to Fen 1st. Also on a thursday in March, a employer called at 5"30pm instead of Friday morning-lol

I find at work Friday tends to be a slow day in the sense of not many emails. I think on Fridays people are just tidying things up from the week, finishing up things, planning what they have to do the following week and just gearing up for the weekend.

That's how my fridays always were when employed-lol

That's how my fridays always were when employed-lol

I avoid doing certain things on Fridays like bringing my car in for repair. I just get the feeling that people are more distracted on Fridays. Also, on Fridays I try not to initiate anything which needs to be followed up..such as requesting information. I figure on Friday they just might overlook it and then forget about it by Monday.

Archived