6 month's since the break-up

Tonight is the six month mark since my ex broke up with me after our 2.5 year relationship. I honestly don't know how to feel. I miss everything about what he and I had together. And I miss him more than anything. But I have realized that that doesn't matter anymore. He has moved on, and possibly left me for the girl he is with now. But I still don't know how to just turn my feelings off and forget that he ever happened. He has done that to me, and I just wish that I could reciprocate those actions.

I have definitely made progress in the whole healing process. However, that doesn't mean that all of the feelings of hurt, betrayal and utter disbelief don't knock me off of my feet from time to time. I now unfortunately have trust issues with everyone around me, but I am hoping that eventually I will be able to gain that back.

But, I guess, on a positive note....life does keep going after a break up.

I feel your pain swany89, only with me it was 6 years...

it sounds like you're a much better person than he is, in every way, and that is why you couldn't do the same thing to him. So don't beat yourself up, you deserve better than an a-hole who put you through all this and took you for granted.

Time heals, corny but true, my breakup was last summer and I still have ups and downs, the downs are a lot more spaced out than they used to be, but they still come from time to time, it's part of the healing process.

I also hear you on the trust issues. I dated a guy for about 3 months afterwards, it recently ended, and I realized that I was unintentionally but definetely carrying some trust issues from the past into this new relationship. It sucks, but it makes you stronger in a way. Makes you more BS proof if u know what I mean. With time, you'll have to find a balance between throwing yourself in completely and not trusting or being always suspicious. Just give yourself time, things will get better.

Life does go on and there are so many good things to come, and they will in due time, you'll be ready to embrace it and a much stronger person. He's no longer important in your life, remember that and try your best to move on little by little, keep yourself busy and don't lose faith!

Swany89- "I have definitely made progress in the whole healing process. However, that doesn't mean that all of the feelings of hurt, betrayal and utter disbelief don't knock me off of my feet from time to time. I now unfortunately have trust issues with everyone around me, but I am hoping that eventually I will be able to gain that back."

As long as you keep growing as a person, any leason learned is helpful. We learn only by doing. We can't appreciate the highs without experiencing the lows.

You can't MAKE yourself forgive or forget. It can only happen through free will when you finally understand that the past has no power on what you do now in the present. That is when you are free. Letting things go is a far greater act than hanging on...because whatever we fight, we strengthen and whatever we resist will persist. When people are unable or UNWILLING to let go of the past...pain builds up.

Archived