guy without facebook

lachughes
Dating Someone Not Attracted To - D...
Dating Someone Not Attracted To - Do It!

I'm curious about this and wanted to ask the females on what they would think about someone without a facebook profile. For example, if there was a guy you liked at work and you found out he did not have a profile on there, would that be an immediate red flag? Would you be 'weirded out' and lose interest in that person?

*I know through seeing my friends stalking or looking up girls through facebook that it's sort of like a screening process for checking out girls they are interested in and going through their pictures, etc. I realize nearly everyone is on FB (or twitter/myspace/other social network sites, etc) in some way today but for a variety of reasons I am part of that small percentage of people my age that don't. It's not because I would not have friends or acquaintances to add (in fact I could easily have 200 probably). I guess I consider myself to be a somewhat private person and I would never post pictures of myself online. I'm not going to go on about what I think about the site because I remember another thread about this.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I'm with you. I don't Facebook. I have had so many people tell me that I NEED to Facebook that I now have extra impetus to not ever do it. I did all the old social networking sites, and they always lent themselves to a waste of time. Yes, I know... "But this is THE Facebook!!!" No thanks. This just seems like a place where ex-girlfriends can stalk me, and I can stalk a most recent ex-girlfriend. Neither interest me. I'd rather keep it under the radar.

I think not having a Facebook is a great thing. (Well, I don't have one so I'm biased)

But I really think it would be silly if a person thought it was a red flag and would not date you just because you didn't have a profile.

I have had so many people tell me that I NEED to Facebook that I now have extra impetus to not ever do it.

Me too! I REFUSE to cross over to the darkside.

I would actually find something like this a bit refreshing. As nice as it would be to be able to have access to information on him [ ha... ] after a past relationship [ long story ], I would prefer my boyfriend to not be too active with online social networks.

No of course I would not be wierded out. There are a ton of reasons why somebody wouldn't have facebook. In fact, I'd see it as more of a good thing if they didn't have facebook- I would consider him more mature- I don't know why, maybe because I associate facebook and myspace with all those younger kids and all the drama.

My guy has never had MySpace or a Facebook. He's just not that into those social sites. I think it's a HUGE relief. All the drama that follows... like, "Why aren't I on your top?" or "Why did you add HER as a friend?" or "Why aren't you writing back?" is ANNOYINGGGG and I hear about it all too often from some friends.

I kinda wish I didn't create a Facebook. I am a private person myself but I wanted to see what the hype was all about.

I would love for my future GF not to have facebook. I hate the bloody thing. It's a potential stalking/infidelity device.

I agree. I know Facebook and Myspace are only as dangerous as what people make them to be. But there is just far too much perpetrating that goes on with those sites to simply turn a blind eye to the potential they have for creating drama and annoyance.

Hate facebook. If that's a red flag for her, it means she's a red flag for me.

Don't have a driver's license? Problem.

No car? Problem.

Homeless? Issue, yeah.

No job? Big ish.

No facebook? Bahahaha! pleeease like grow up and like stop acting like you're like 14 or whatever, oh my Gaaaawd, seriously!

I'll admit that sometimes it feels weird knowing that I'm one of the few people my age that hasn't 'jumped on the bandwagon.' People in college always asked me to join it and blah blah blah. Also I remember some people I know being all shocked when they met some dude who didn't use IM.

Holy moly. I didn't even know that it was around back then. It probably wasn't as evil of a site when it first came out. lol

Nah, and back then only college people could join. You had to have a university e-mail in order to sign up. It was kind of nice...not as stalker-y. It helped with the transition from high school to college, being able to keep in touch easier.

I'll admit that sometimes it feels weird knowing that I'm one of the few people my age that hasn't 'jumped on the bandwagon.' People in college always asked me to join it and blah blah blah. Also I remember some people I know being all shocked when they met some dude who didn't use IM.

I think I'd be shocked if a young adult didn't have an e-mail address- but I don't expect most people to have a Facebook.

Facebook is a really insidious thing and after being on it for about 4 days, I realised that it had a lot of potential for damage for SOMEONE LIKE ME..who loves information and would be very hard pressed to not snoop.

I'm pretty cool and I think that HAVING a Facebook account is a red flag.

For me, (and this is purely subjective) NOT having one is an indicator of someone who is comfortable in their own skin.

Just go with what you feel is right...but DON'T feel like you're a freak because you don't want to toe the party line and get a Facebook account because your peers have one.

the minute i get a girlfriend (if i do), i'm deleting my facebook, especially if she has one. and i'd be real happy if she deleted hers.

This is what my boyfriend did, curiously I don't know, made me think he had something to hide! But, I'm glad he doesn't have it now.

My former roommate showed me some application to stalk people on FB where you can search up anyone randomly and look at their photos. Seriously I don't understand why people would post photos of their family, kids, weddings, them getting wasted, etc knowing that there are probably loopholes where random people can access your private photos.

I've been on it since I think 2005 as well, and it caused nothing but problems in my last relationship. Now that I know better, and how stupid all that drama is, I'd be ok not having one.

It found it's slimy way into my life. My husband's friends from work kept telling him to make one....for the most part it has not been a problem but there was one ex that popped up and tried to have titillating conversation with him (despite seeing pics on his page of his wedding and his newborn child). Luckily he acted like a gentleman and declined. But had he not had a facebook the @$% would not have been able to find him to begin with. I don't like the cans of worms it can open.

I don't get all jealous over my boyfriend (ha, make it sound like I have one) having girls on his page or anything. In my last relationship, it caused problems b/c he refused to add me b/c he knew I'd snoop on him (I woudl've) and he has so many exes that he doesn't have set boundaries with, so he did many untrustworthy things regarding facebook/myspace with them.

Archived