Opinion question...thoughts?

Cnstnt Evolutn

Hey everybody, i had a thought that was brought on by something that happened to me and decided to ask a question on it...

backstory...

About 2 months ago i officially lost touch with an ex gf. She still had feelings for me or whatever but my nonchalantness about everything drove her away. Anyway we've been NC for the bulk of that time with only 1 contact via email by me so that it wasnt left on bad terms.

So I dropped off the face of the earth from her, stopped all those social networking sites for myself so i wouldnt see any pics or updates, to help me get over her, blocked on AIM - the whole nine yards

I log in for the first time in 8 weeks and i see that she wrote on one of her friends profiles "let me know you're alive at some point" - this makes me wonder...You see he is a good gay friend of hers, and she likely hasnt heard from him in maybe 3 days, whereas i get no such post and i have disappeared for 2 months lol

Anyway, this is my opinion question - do you think that the "i miss you" or "let me know youre alive at some point" questions are of a different nature between friends than they are between lovers/ex lovers? and thats why a person will write it so readily on a friends wall as opposed to a bf/gf or ex bf/gf wall?

Get what im asking? If not let me know ill try to elaborate more....

thanks all =)

There's a huge difference between the two.

Loss of contact after a relationship ends is typical and often necessary. While your relationship ended, her friendships (and yours too) with other people continued. So if she goes without hearing from a friend for 3 days, and she normally contacts that friend on a daily basis, then something seems out of the ordinary and she feels the need to check. But with you, it's expected that you will go a long period of time without talking, because of the nature of your relationship with her and the fact that you recently split up. She doesn't talk to you every day anymore (and it may never be that way again), meaning she doesn't need to go checking to see if you're "still alive" when she hasn't heard from you in a few days.

If she were to check up on you like that (or vice versa), you two wouldn't have the proper chance to heal and move on with your lives. There might be a day where you'll converse normally like friends do, but the difference in contact serves a purpose.

it just got to me a bit that we were once so close and now it seems she wants nothing to do with me lol...all part of the healing process i suppose. I went through the same phase when healing from her, probably still am as it still affected me to see something like that even 8 weeks later hehe.

I heard through the grapevine that she even had a death in the family during this NC, and i got to know the person well and she made no effort to tell me about it. Unless she was expecting me to see it on her profile - which i didnt because i havent logged on.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived