Ok, I need some perspective getting over someone, I thought maybe a guys viewpoint would help....

I became friends with this guy through a dance class. He moved nearby to me, and over a three month period we started to see each other quite regularly. I thought we were just friends, but then I started to like him as more than that, and it became apparent that he felt the same about me. We were both very cautious, but eventually we ended up getting together. It was far from perfect, and I didn't feel I could be completely myself, but there was a sweetness about it that I liked. We seemed to be really kind towards one another.

Three weeks later he ended it saying the spark wasn't there and he just wanted to be friends. He split up from a ten year relationship last year, and I think was scared.

Initially he seemed to put the effort in, but gradually contact has been less and the friendship felt one-sided. We have never established our friendship again, and he seems to want to act like it never happened. I emailed him laying my feelings on the line, that I wanted his friendship but at the moment it wasn't quite right, and if he couldn't offer me that I would have to walk away. His response was "no prob", and that was that. I have since seen him out dancing and he ignored me.

I don't understand, I was never nasty or demanding.

So I guess my question is anybody got a clue why???

And also how do I move on? I still care about him, heaven knows why.

Thanks.

To be honest, this guys sounds like a jerk. It wasn't fair for him to respond with two words to what I assume was a lengthy email.

My guess is that he resumed dating before he was fully over his 10 year relationship. He may have thought he was but only realized he wasn't after getting back into things.

I fully understand what you are going through with your feelings. I'm not a breakup expert but I would say that you can find someone else better suited for you. Take some time and do things that take your mind of him. I'd recommend registering in group classes or sports and get out with friends. In no time you will have forgotten about him and have met someone new.

Good luck.

English Conversation About A Friend
English Conversation About A Friend

Archived