How to get him out of my mind?

Ok, so i broke up with him nearly 6 weeks ago, because he treated me bad. Told me he loved me, but never acted like he did, especially in front of his mates when he unrespected me and treated me like i was just a brainless slab of good looking meat.

But two weeks after the break up i made the worst mistake in agreeing to meet up with him, and asked for him to take me back because i missed him being in my life, and all the happyness and worth that i depended on him to give me, but he said no, he just wanted to remain friends and live the single life.

4 weeks since ive seen him, and ive learnt how the breaking up was the hardest thing, but was probally the best thing for me in the long run, im treating it as a learning curve, how i alone am responsible for my happiness. And i want to continue to move on from him, the only thing i feel like thats holding me back is that i think about him all the time, even though i havent talked to him in so long. I want to forget him, and not think about what hes doing, what news i have to tell him, all the wrong and right things he did to me etc..

I know people say use distrations, see friends, etc. but hes still on my mind, pulling me down when im doing those things. Any thoughts or inspirational stories on how to get someone off your mind?

Thank you

don't distract yourself to try and make yourself feel better. Out think the situation and strengthen from it. Hang out with friends not to get away from your thoughts, hang out with them because you want to be with them. Leave your thoughts about your ex to the late night showers and moments before you fall asleep. Everywhere else, no one wants to hear about it!

I don't know what to tell you. I agree with keeping it to yourself the most that you can because you are the one that has to work through it. Initially though you do need the support of friends. I am kind of in the same situation only been split a little longer and I have less emotional tie to him I guess. Or maybe somehow my emotions come out differently...? I'm not quite understanding myself but I am glad because I think that I made the right choice. It sounds like you did too ! Good Luck!

How do you get him out of your mind when you work together!? I felt okay about it yesterday, but I'm already in, he's not and I feel like * * * * . I text him early this morning about something silly he mentioned yesterday and think it was a silly thing to do as he's not text back. URGH!! SO HACKED OFF WITH MYSELF!! Plus I look rubbish today, yesterday I looked nice. URGH!! Just wish there was a pill I could take to stop fancying, caring about him and made me stop obsessing about him meeting someone else!

i'm going through the same thing at the moment.except when i texted him he told me he just wanted to have sex,and for me to go to his house if i wanted it,which i did but i have a bit more self respect than that so i didn't go.he's the first guy i ever really did like,maybe even love..so it is hurting.i think for you and me it will just pass with time...just TRY be positive.i know i am.and if you ever need anything just pm me.i understand

Thanks so much for all your wonderful words of wisdom

chocolate_86, he must be so shallow, if he thinks after all the pain youve gone and are going through, ud go back to him and only worsen your pain by letting him use you. Thumbs up for getting out of that relationship and for staying strong! Thank you so much for your support

whatatodo it must be very hard for you to try and get over someone when there constinatly around you at work, but i guess in a way its helping you become stronger in other life challenges your going to face, because your being forced to face the pain and deal with it. Hang in there, we all make mistakes, break ups can be blinding, just look to the clear horizon in front of you

lonelyandblue i agree with you, i do need to learn to deal with it alone, and with the support of others, its just the getting through it thats the hardest part. Its all so confusing to know whether our decition was the right one isnt it? If only we could see a sign of how much worser we would of been off with them if we had of kept the relationship going. I guess in the end you've just got to except this is it, not what should have been or could have been, this is what reality has dealt and we just have to accept and work through it. Good luck to you too See you at the end of the tunnel! lol

boughs i agree with you, that i need to face reality and deal with it, but i get sick of thinking about him all the time. I feel like i have accepted it, and now in order to move on further i need to stop thinking about him, so thats why i want to think of ways in order to distract myself. Thank you for your insight

Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS

Archived