talking with someone from LinkedIn

LAYAAN

Hello all,

this is urgent.

Someone from LinkedIn got in touch with me through one of the professional group that him and I are members of. He emailed me and has expressed a desire to talk on phone. Is this an interview? How should I prepare? Has anyone experienced this before? I'm talking with him in few hours from now.

Thank you.

If you think it might be an interview ensure you have a CV handy and a few key phrases you want to ensure you 'slip in there' ... phone interviews can be a lot easier because you can be as pre-prepared as you feel is necessary. Downside is that tone of voice is your only indicator of how things are going.

Whatever it turns out to be, ensure you're standing whilst talking, it makes you sound and feel more confident. Good luck whatever it is about!

This sounds a lot more informal than an interview. Just be yourself and talk with the idea of getting to know this person better. Let the conversation go where it goes. Relax and approach this with the mindset of finding out more information.

Hello all,

this is urgent.

Someone from LinkedIn got in touch with me through one of the professional group that him and I are members of. He emailed me and has expressed a desire to talk on phone. Is this an interview? How should I prepare? Has anyone experienced this before? I'm talking with him in few hours from now.

Thank you.

I doubt it's an interview - just a conversation. I use Linked In all the time and usually discuss professional topics. All the management in my company are also on Linked In, so using it for job search openly can be risky - have to stick to private conversations and not forums

yes, it was more of an informal, chat sorta. The person talked with me about my profession, my home country, my hobbies, what I want to do further. I asked him some Qs and doubts I had about my career path. Overall, it turned out to be a good conversation.

I'm on LinkedIn, but really don't use it. I think I got an invite for a chat thing once but it was informal like everyone else is saying. I would suggest sticking to private discussion on there.

Archived