why i love my boyfriend .. yes the one who was emotionally unavailable

mentee

but no longer now (:

it just gets better and better every single day ...

- he's my best friend .. really silly and funny .. someone i can tease, laugh with, play with, bootie bump, chest bump, and just goof around with ... he makes me laugh everyday .. i remember reading that an important aspect in maintaining a happy relationship is having a partner that makes you laugh every single day ... i remember thinking that was impossible ... but it is POSSIBLE

- on the flip-side, he is one of the most insightful people that i know, and we've had so many deep and profound conversations about life, our feelings about ourselves, spirituality, and the human condition

- he is interested in everything i have to say

- he always looks at me tenderly and lovingly and always runs his fingers through my hair

- he makes a huge effort to communicate effectively, especially on difficult or intense subjects

- he has so much insight into his actions, behavior, and feelings (more than i expected for a guy)

- he is sweet, thoughtful, and very romantic on a daily basis (this could actually start another list of all the sweet and romantic things he's done!)

- he was guarded in the beginning and took his time to get to know me, so it makes me feel even more special that he chose to open his heart to me after a few other girls couldn't get through (yes it sucked in the beginning but now i really appreciate it .. it makes me value him and what we have so much more .. if that's even possible

- he takes care of me in big and small ways, insisting on doing things for me even when i tell him that he doesn't have to

- he has a spine and doesn't take bull * * * * from anyone including his family and his woman (you will never see me being very b!tchy to this one ... i respect him way too much)

- he is a man .. a real man, in every sense of the word

- he is very responsible, does extremely well for himself, and has every aspect of his life together

- he is relaxed, patient, calm, and comforting ... when i feel down, he instills me with positive words and energy ..

- he is a tender and sensitive person who always understands my thoughts and feelings to the point where i'm beginning to believe that we share the same mind and heart

- he is emotionally strong and very masculine, which makes me feel safe, secure, and protected

- he is ridiculously sexy and the absolute best in bed (;

- he is well-read, educated, and scholarly without the attitude and the haughtiness

- he is an extremely talented artist with an exceptional eye and taste in art and design .. he is the only guy i personally know who i can say is a more talented artist than me (i know it's a cocky statement but the only thing i've ever been extremely confident in is my artistic skills) ..

- he is a compassionate and caring physician and colleague, and we both share a distaste for the shallow, ego-stroking, and competitive game of medicine

- he is a true gentleman

- he has never let me pay for anything even though i have tried many times ... and promised that when i get my MD i can start paying for things .. but knowing him, he won't let me, and i'll have to resort to other ways of getting things for him like i have been (

- we share the same views and beliefs in everything that is important to us

- we both love the same things and have so much in common ... as people who have many diverse and varied interests, to find so much in common really surprised me .. but we are different enough to enrich each other's lives

- he is like a living buddha who constantly aspires to be a better, more positive, more compassionate, more self-aware person ... we honestly take turns inspiring each other ..

- we are patient with each other and give each other space to learn and grow

- he is a very happy person

- we both share the same view regarding the balance between luxury and practicality .. we love nice things, but we're not materialistic

- without him ever saying a word, he has been the impetus for all the incredible and difficult changes i've made in myself (my insecurities, fears of abandonment, perfectionism, etc.)

- i've read that you cannot list the reasons why someone is "the one" .. you have to have a fully healed, healthy, and open heart .. a completely open and vulnerable heart is able to recognize "the one" without using any reason or logic ... and the heart knows when someone is not "the one" .. without question, without doubt ... he is the one ... it feels right, and it feels real .. and my heart feels safe in its complete vulnerability ...

- he is the only boyfriend i've ever completely trusted .. and he's done so many things to earn that trust

- we respect each other's privacy .. yet are always open to share

- we respect each other's space, freedom, and individualism

- he is always honest with me, even if i don't like what i'm hearing

- i trust that he can always make the right decisions and always respect his decisions (big or small) even if i wouldn't have made the same choices myself

- i look up to him, admire him, respect him, but also see him as my equal

- he always reminds me of all the things he loves about me

- we're like twins, except he's the better twin .. but he'll tell you i'm the better twin ... we both think we scored.

- he loves the features i dislike the most about myself .. i like my eyes except for the epicanthal folds (i'm asian), but he loves that part the most .. i don't like my little nose very much and it's my least favorite feature, but it's his favorite .. he always kisses my eyes and my nose and makes me feel beautiful

- he makes me feel very sexy even when i'm not made up

i hope this list will keep growing ... (:

i know this all sounds too good to be true .. i seriously have a hard time believing it too because i've never had a relationship like this before ... we've both worked hard to get to this point ... but i just wanna say that we all can have happy and healthy relationships and we should always strive for that!

for anyone who ever got stuck with someone afraid of commitment or was emotionally unavailable, there is hope *hugs*

wow you're very lucky gal. i've never seen such strong and confident love.

- i've read that you cannot list the reasons why someone is "the one" .. you have to have a fully healed, healthy, and open heart .. a completely open and vulnerable heart is able to recognize "the one" without using any reason or logic ... and the heart knows when someone is not "the one" .. without question, without doubt ... he is the one ... it feels right, and it feels real .. and my heart feels safe in its complete vulnerability ...

nicee.. i feel that way too about the girl i'm with right now.. but you've made a man very jealous with this post wish i could've been ur guy.. or a time comes when my girl feels the same =/

wish i could've been ur guy.. or a time comes when my girl feels the same =/

i've read some of your posts, and you are a patient, loving, and understanding guy .. she probably does feel the same way about your or eventually will! just keep being you!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived