What's a good way to ask a girl out?

MikeyD

Well, there's this girl I have class with that I talked to last thursday, and we ended up having like a 10-15 min talk. She seems pretty cool, and I want to know what's a good way to ask her out. I was thinking about doing it next thursday (I have class with her on tuesday and thursday, giving me time to build rapport on tuesday and ask her out on thursday). I know that seems kinda soon, but I don't wanna be friendzoned with another girl. So how should I ask her (given I get a chance/good vibe). Should I ask if she has a boyfriend, and if she says no ask her if she wants to go to dinner and a movie or something, or should I ask her first without asking if she has a boyfriend? Should I pay her a compliment (wow, ur really pretty) then ask her out, or should I say something like "wow ur real pretty, ur boyfriend is lucky to have u" and assume that she has a boyfriend, hoping that she'll correct me if she doesn't (I've done that a few times before). This will officially be my first time actually asking a girl out that I don't already know she likes me, so I want it to go well, thanks.

Mikey,

It would be charming as hell for you to use your own words, here, as your schpiel ... "Hi, hey, you know, I was thinking about asking you out but I wasn't exactly sure how to go about it - I mean, I think you're awesome and amazing and I wanted to time this perfectly before I got friendzoned or anything and I wondered if I should ask if you have a boyfriend and also I thought that I would pay you a compliment or something so if you wanted to go out with me, how would you go about it ???"

Tada ...! (if she's going to be) She's yours!

Mikey,

It would be charming as hell for you to use your own words, here, as your schpiel ... "Hi, hey, you know, I was thinking about asking you out but I wasn't exactly sure how to go about it - I mean, I think you're awesome and amazing and I wanted to time this perfectly before I got friendzoned or anything and I wondered if I should ask if you have a boyfriend and also I thought that I would pay you a compliment or something so if you wanted to go out with me, how would you go about it ???"

Tada ...! (if she's going to be) She's yours!

Don't do that...Just ask her out casually.

If you ask her out straightforwardly you pretty much have a guaranteed "no" as a reply. It's a stupid game girls play these days, but honesty and logic will get you nowhere. It's funny that women will advise you to be direct in your approach, but I am sure that these same people would make a point of it to run away screaming if they were faced with that kind of a pick up attempt in real life.

The trick is that women, between themselves, do not want to acknowledge that they are attracted to some random guy unless he is VERY impressively hunky or surrounded by a circle of swooning, attractive women. As a regular, decent guy, you are fodder for being her ego-boosting sacrificial lamb. Iffy as it sounds, you have the best chance of getting in on the action if the girl is very uncertain whether she is interesting/pretty enough to capture your attention, and obviously you would need a significant support network to rig that together.

In your situation, where you are just one of her class mates, most of whom are probably trying to hook up with her as well, you have to be sneaky and cunning. Only a nonchalant approach and some risk taking can peek her interest above a host of other guys vying desperately for her attention.

Yea man, I sometimes feel that way. Almost like u have to trick them into saying yes haha. Anyways, there's only one other guy that she speaks to, not much tho, and I don't think he's any competition. We spoke about him and she also notices how he sucks up to the teacher and joked that he was trying to get into her pants, so I would assume that I got nothing to worry about from him.

I'd recommend keeping it simple. "hey, you're really fun to talk to. want to come ____ with me this __day?"

tossing in "and you're really cute" at the end of that first sentence couldn't hurt. also, I personally think dinner-and-a-movie isn't a great first date. it's a little intimidating and stereotpyical, so the whole time you're thinking "we are on a Date" instead of "we're hanging out and having a blast". activities are good, they give you something to talk about if the conversation runs dry.

Archived