Should I make an advancement?

Anonlad90

I got talking to a girl a while back and we really clicked, but unfortunately for me, she had a boyfriend, who just happened to be one of my friends... We were out with mutual friends and ended up sharing a taxi back, whilst in the taxi I felt her reach to hold my hand - we spent the journey holding hands and smiling whilst one of my (other) friends was sat in the front completely oblivious to the situation. This happened 3 weeks in a row, which to me signals that she must like me? Anyway we started messaging each other on facebook and spending literally hours talking to each other online, things seem to be going pretty good and it was all really flirty, and the same goes for when I see her out. This goes on for a couple of weeks until I get a message from him (my friend) saying he's seen the messages and telling me to back off. They end up breaking up after a 1 year relationship and she seems devastated. We stopped talking for a week or so, and now we've started again and have been talking for around 3 weeks now, not so much as the first time around but again, it seems really flirty. I don't want this to just be an online relationship or end up in the friends zone, but I can't help but feel it's going in that direction...

The thing is, I'm really falling for this girl and I want to know if things can go any further between us, but I don't know how to ask? Or even if I should ask at all? They've been broke up around 3/4 week now...

A month is not long enough for her to have healed from a one-year relationship.

There's a good chance that she is rebounding, and an even bigger chance that you are risking ruining your friendship with her ex.

If she is worth it, any feelings she has for you will still be there later on down the line.

Right now you should really be more respectful of your friend, and the heartbreak that he is getting over, himself.

I think that the best thing that you can do is to steer clear of her right now.

If a time comes months and months from now where the two of you are still interested in each other, then at that point you'll still need to get the o.k. from your friend.

Right now you're just playing with fire, and it's most certainly not worth it.

Archived