What do I do with this e-mail from Ex?

Hi, need advice again. I feel like a ping pong ball bouncing in every direction.

Last Sunday I finally got the balls to tell my Ex not to contact me ever again after his half-hearted attempt at getting back together. He began to act like he was too busy to call me back or to see me these past few weeks.

Well nothing for a week after the e-mail, till today. I got an e-mail saying his feeling was hurt and he misses me. Also he understands how I feel and he didn't have a chance to explain. (not sure explain about what)

I am not sure what to do now. I don't want to be a puppet any more but there is still a tiny ray of hope.

I want to e-mail him (some time in the future) of what I need in a relationship and see if he can meet those needs. If not we will go our separate ways.

Others are telling me I am wasting my time. This guy is hopeless and he just wants me to be around but he doesn't want to be around me. Am I wasting my time?

Others are telling me I am wasting my time. This guy is hopeless and he just wants me to be around but he doesn't want to be around me. Am I wasting my time?

only you will know if you are wasting time on him. do you think he just used you as an item? can you see a future with him?

Thanks everyone for replying.

Wtm, I wish I have future with him, but not like this, back and forth. It will drive me insane.

Shoe, I am leaning toward writing out my expectations and send them to him. It seems like he is a better reader than a listener. I have nothing to lose I guess.

Agatha, I know what you mean.

It is just so frustrating not knowing if they are playing games or are really sincere.

Artop, just to make things clear: he's not being sincere. he's doing what he's doing for some reason and it certainly has nothing to do with him caring about your feelings. sending out what you need will be good because you will know you made every atempt to make him see what you wanted him to see, but I doubt it will work as expected.

I strongly advise NC.

Archived