How do you know if you're ugly?!?

garbage_girl

Well I feel like I look horrible most of the time. I especially start feeling physically ugly looking when I get in a serious relationship. Ive been with my current bf for a year now and we just moved in together. his idea btw. I have no idea why i have this problem. but shouldn't i feel more attractive when someone is willing to be committed to me in a relationship??

Also, how do you know if you're ugly? I get no attention from men, and feel down about myself most of the time. When I look at myself in the mirror i feel like I may break it

Thanks!

Well I feel like I look horrible most of the time. I especially start feeling physically ugly looking when I get in a serious relationship. Ive been with my current bf for a year now and we just moved in together. his idea btw. I have no idea why i have this problem. but shouldn't i feel more attractive when someone is willing to be committed to me in a relationship??

Also, how do you know if you're ugly? I get no attention from men, and feel down about myself most of the time. When I look at myself in the mirror i feel like I may break it

Thanks!

Your boyfriend gives you attention, doesn't he?

Does your boyfriend compliment you?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, when we look in the mirror we see all the tiny little flaws and things we don't like about ourselves. But other people don't notice them!

Also, the way you dress can make a difference, if it's all baggy stuff then there's not much for men to look at, wear things that cling to you in the right places

Your boyfriend wants to move in with you. You move in together. You're in a serious relationship with someone who wants you. From this point of view, it doesn't really matter if you look like Quasimodo.

Your boyfriend obviously doesn't think you are ugly. Also, if you feel down and self-conscious you're less likely to notice when men ARE paying you attention because you're concentrating on yourself rather than them.

I'm wondering if this isn't so much about the way you look as generally about self-esteem; as you have realised, others can't change the way you feel about yourself.

sounds so pathetic. I think relationship ought to make you feel beautiful. Because it s easy to love yourself when somebody loves you. I used to be self-eating, I hated the way i looked. As a result I neglected myself - didnt care about what i wear and how i look like. It took me much strength to overcome self-disgust and build some love. I mean it s not that you must love yourself but the nature, the life. And what helps me is exercising. I love myself when I jog. I think everyone is beautiful in the movement. Beauty is not geometry of the face. It is life. It is health. Mental health as weel. Be good to yourself please and let people see your beauty.

I've suffered from self-esteem issues my whole life, so I know what you're going through. It sucks. But if your BF thinks you're beautiful, that should be the only opinion that matters.

My ex would always tell me that I think she's ugly or fat. Each and every time, she was crying because she would be watching the toothpick-thin models on TV, and she was upset that she didn't weigh 4 pounds. And every single time I'd sit down, look her in the eyes, and tell her that I thought she was the most beautiful girl in the world (since she was to me at the time) and I'd name a whole bunch of reasons why I thought that. I'd also come home with random "just because" gifts and cards and other small things to remind her that I was thinking of her.

Generally, people are "ugly" because that's how they portray themselves. They don't care for themselves hygienically, they don't clean themselves up (shave and haircut for guys) or their surroundings, wear baggy and worn-out clothes, and don't try to project themselves as anything but what they're showing already.

i don't think she should be basing how she feels about herself based on what her boyfriend thinks

No,she has to feel attractive from the inside out ,but most people desire a monogamous relationship.He is the one she is spending all of her free time with .I know if I was in a happy ,healthy relationship I would only care what my she thought of me ,not the rest of the world.I view her current feelings as kind of a red flag in regards ot her current relationship.

Archived