Personality or Looks????????

tulipsfav
Dating Someone Not Attracted To - D...
Dating Someone Not Attracted To - Do It!

I'm not 100% sure, but I know that I can find a good-looking woman suddenly completely unattractive, looks and all, if her personality sucks or takes a turn for the worse, so judging by that, I'm sure a guy can be attracted to you if you simply have a great personality.

It's definitely doable. I've befriended a few girls who I never found initially attractive, but after a few years, they've gone from completely unattractive to okay-looking. But it takes a LONG time, and if you try and get them to think of you in that way to soon, you'll blow your chances. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it just because it's unlikely to work out.

It's a shame, I know, but guys go for looks first, and personality later, while women go straight for personality.

Definitely. There are different reasons that people are drawn to each other. There has been incidents where I was not initially attracted to the guys I've dated, but as I gotten to know them better - their personalities won me over and I started believing they were the cutest guys ever. Then again this also applies to guys who I thought were really attractive to find out they were jerks - and thus diminishes their looks.

lol...If a guy is handsome and has a rotten personality he will immediately turn into a toad/turd...lol

I love men with hero and warrior qualities and it doesn't matter what he looks like...courage takes precedence over looks in my world...I detest cowardly people!

Its possible.

Ive heard that you can find someone extremely attractive physically, but there personlity turns you off, and you can view them as 'ugly'. (harsh word). Works in reverse too - someone who you think its amazing personality wise, CAN become more attractive as you get to know them.

They say men are more visual though, so unless your good friends, i dont know if a man would stick around to 'become' attracted to you if he wasn't at the start.

i personally, need to be attracted to them look wise. i need to like the way they look.

I don't know...I have seen alot of men/women who are cute with someone totally opposite in looks (in a nice way to put it would be the word "plain") guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder....everyone's preferences are different.

Thats true. Ive seen that a lot as well. What people find 'beautiful' is different to each person.

While im not trying to be mean when i say this, sometimes you walk around (i.e the mall) and you notice people, who arn't the most attractive, and yet they have a partner and kids!! It makes you think "w tf? why do i have so much trouble?!" (unless im just very picky) You'll find some really unfortunate looking people, and they seem to find love. ... so ..yea lol

I don't know...I have seen alot of men/women who are cute with someone totally opposite in looks (in a nice way to put it would be the word "plain") guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder....everyone's preferences are different.

Or beauty is in the eyes of the BEERHOLDER...

it's completely possible...and more common that most people think i'd say.

the women i've come to love weren't women that i initially found to be ''gorgeous''. although...i think there needs to be some level of physical attraction. just doesn't have to be 'blow-you-away' attraction from the onset.

It wouldn't matter how much I liked a girl's personality, if she didn't look nice, I'd never want anything more than a friendship. Call it shallow, but I think this is true for more people than who care to admit it (that goes for girls too).

Totally agree...

A guy can be great, awesome personality, amazing character, good sense of humor.... but he can't get anywhere with a woman if she doesn't like his looks...

It wouldn't matter how much I liked a girl's personality, if she didn't look nice, I'd never want anything more than a friendship. Call it shallow, but I think this is true for more people than who care to admit it (that goes for girls too).

I totally agree with you 100%.

over time i might find them attractive, but im not waiting for that to happen, or expect it. it would happen gradually, or maybe just out fo the blue. but unliekly.

It might be shallow, but who cares..... If it is, most are then. I think youve GOT to be attracted to that other person...and for everyone that attraction is different. For some it may not be a 'phsyical' thing.

i dated a girl like that for 2.5 years. her personality was amazing, her body was ehhh okay, but her face was very good looking. i realized i couldn't do it anymore. she had no drive to get in better shape (she always said she wanted to), didn't care about what she ate, etc. i couldn't do it anymore. i will never do that again.

Its possible.

Ive heard that you can find someone extremely attractive physically, but there personlity turns you off, and you can view them as 'ugly'. (harsh word). Works in reverse too - someone who you think its amazing personality wise, CAN become more attractive as you get to know them.

They say men are more visual though, so unless your good friends, i dont know if a man would stick around to 'become' attracted to you if he wasn't at the start.

i personally, need to be attracted to them look wise. i need to like the way they look.

I think you hit it on the head.

I dated a guy recently that was completely opposite of myself... not stunningly hot but once i got to know him, he was awesome.

I became very attracted. I totally believe in your theory.

As far as some social psychology is concerned, attraction is definitely increased by exposure, and the quality of your personality can elevate the frequency that you are going to be spending time with a person. So, yes, that is probably the case. I am not saying in every case, but definitely occasionally.

A friend of mine, who is a woman, and not my type at all, almost certainly establishes her relationships on her personality.

Can a man who thinks you have a great personality but maybe not attracted to you become attracted to you?

Any ideas folks?

Definitely possible. I had a male friend who really admired this girl he used to work with, and he was so energized everytime he talked about her. She wasn't PHYSICALLY attractive, but that's not the point because she was INTELLECTUALLY hot, in his words

Look, having a great personality NEVER hurts. Personality and intelligence is always going to work FOR you. A quality guy is not going to be attracted to someone who is just looks.

I've become physically attracted to girls that I wasn't attracted to initially. Qualities like being a good listener, being open and honest, believing anything in life is possible, being positive and loving towards other people, really make a girl stand out to me.

Archived