What do you think?

bluestar

I used this site going through a rough break up over a year and a half ago now. I got some great support from some really lovely people!

Since then I have met quite a few people, but no one I am interested in or have that special feeling for. A friend suggested internet dating and after a year, and probably 6 or 7 meetings (which went no further) I am calling it quits.

I really feel now I am ready to start something again, and as I am in my mid thirties I don't want to wait around leaving it in the lap of the gods. Many of my friends are married and, although I have had a couple of set up dates, nothing has come from those either-really nice men who I am still in touch with, but major issues like just coming out of a divorce or addiction problems.

Anyone have any advice about meeting people more often in interesting ways?

Everyone seems to be increasingly busy these days so the world of internet dating is booming. Try a few different dating sites and see if anyone worthy pops your way. Another good way is join a club, sports team or social group but in those your selection will be limited. Of course you can always settle for the bar thing but that method is very well known for one night hook ups and dominated by those in their twenties.

Move to Brisbane and go on a date with me!!! Yeah, there are many of us in that same boat. Been invovled with people that weren't ready or there wasn't a spark or had been through a lot and were still dealing with it.

I too feel like I am in the right place in my life and mind for a good and honest relationship, and while I'm still dating, am preferring to just get on with my life, goals, etc. Sure I want to be with someone and she will come along when she is ready, until then I have a lot to do...

are you active at all? i meet a lot of great people at the pool. i'm not there looking for anything...but i find it's a really easy place to strike up a conversation.

I guess it depends what you are doing at the pool. I swim laps and most people at the pool are there to swim laps...nobody exactly looks their finest in bathing caps and swim goggles!

I guess it depends what you are doing at the pool. I swim laps and most people at the pool are there to swim laps...nobody exactly looks their finest in bathing caps and swim goggles!

i swim laps too. that's the real reason i'm there. but i find other people who have that same interest...who find the same enjoyment out of it. it's only natural that you might strike up a conersation with someone in this instance...men and women alike. has nothing to do with finding attractive people.

and for the record...i look my best with goggles.

Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch T...
Lost the Love Of Your Love? Watch This!

Archived