Getting back together really does happen!

I feel like I have to bump this thread after its gotten me through some of the harder days of my break up. My ex girlfriend and I will be broken up for two months tomorrow. Went LC for the first 3 weeks, then NC for a month, and starting LC again as of a week ago. Still hurts a lot somedays but I'm moving on and am happy on my own now. Not to say I wouldn't be thrilled if she wanted to try working things out someday in the future.

Anyway this isn't exactly a success story but it's close to one at the very least.

When I was in 9th grade I had a crush on one of my female friends but being the socially inept child I was never worked up the courage to tell her how I felt. She began seeing one of my close friends and let me tell you it was like living out the song Jessie's Girl for a while. She was my neighbor and we often drove to parties and school events together. On of those trips I was stupid enough to admit my feelings to her, and although she said she had felt the same way at one point became angry that I did this well she was with someone else. We didn't talk much for the rest of high school but I stayed friends with her boyfriend the whole time. Over those 4 years she changed from a snarky yet likable girl to a full on that nearly the entire school despised. Shortly after graduation her boyfriend broke things off, crushing her and everyone else in our social circle's day since we no longer had to see her. A month into my freshman year of college she began texting me asking how I was doing at first but slowly becoming more flirtatious and direct with her intentions to win me over over time. By this time I had no interest in her due to how she had treated me for the past 4 years and because I was with my ex who brought me to this site. I still text that crush from high school occasionally when I need a distraction from my current heart break but doubt I'd ever want to be with her.

So this isn't a true reconciliation story but someone I could have had someone I was very into once upon a time and was rejected by.

I want to thank this board for the advice and hope its given me. Prior to the breakup I had really let myself go. Letting my grades drop, no longer working out, spending nearly all my free time on the internet and not pursuing new hobbies. My ex-girlfriend grew tired of this and didn't see me being able to keep up and move across the country to grad school like we had planned for the majority of our 2.5 years together and became interested in another man. We probably would have worked it out if her father hadn't passed away unexpectedly rocking her whole world. Now I'm working to improve myself everyday exercising, getting ahead on my studies, volunteering, and catching up on old hobbies and friends. I don't know if I'm doing it for me or her somedays but it doesn't matter as long as I'm a betterperson in the end. Maybe she'll see that someday and things will work out or maybe I'll find someone else. Who knows what the future holds.

Also, I wanted to way in on this thread giving false hope and leading people to waste their lives waiting.

This thread doesn't inspire false hope but a sense of realism that most sights like this sorely lack. If you go almost anywhere else on the internet for advice on breakups and heartbreak the only answers you'll get are "They're an ex for a reason" and "People don't change it'll never work out". Which roughly translates to " It didn't work out for me so there's no way it can work out for anyone else". By reading the hundreds upon hundreds of stories here you can see reconciliations happen just as often as breakups. It's important to accept the reality that you may never get back together with the person that you love or may even be better off without them depending on the relationship, but it's also important not to give up on any hope of getting them back just because they may have hurt you or someone told you it wouldn't work out.

Sorry for the long post but writing is sort of therapeutic to me so this made my night a lot easier. Hope this thread is still around in a few years so I can share my own success story. Whether it's getting back with my ex or finding someone new.

I will always bump this thread until the end of times. This is the best thing in this board and I don't care if people call it "false hope" or whatever. For us, romantics and optimists, reading success stories gives us that warm feeling inside that we need in our darkest hour.

Keep this thread alive, guys! Share the stories

I will always bump this thread until the end of times. This is the best thing in this board and I don't care if people call it "false hope" or whatever. For us, romantics and optimists, reading success stories gives us that warm feeling inside that we need in our darkest hour.

Keep this thread alive, guys! Share the stories

Even though I feel like I might have given up on my ex (see the hesitation there? LOL), I still love this thread.

Sending more love to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Just going to bump this because well.... I'm feeling pretty low tonight, and I've read the whole thing haha..

It just occurred to me that I have a story too. My grandfather is 84 years old, and 4 years ago he got back together with a woman he dated about 40 years ago.

Apparently they split because they both had children, and merging the families together wasn't working (or so I'm told).

He bumped into one of her daughters in the supermarket one day. He asked how her mother was, and it went from there.

The family do question her intentions with him.... but either way it's still a nice story. He actually began tearing up when he was telling me how it all happened, because he still can't believe it

I hope to one day have my own success story! Although you may all think I'm mad but unfortunately the heart wants what the heart wants.

Me and my ex have children together.

We were together 5 years.

Anyways a year ago he left me completely out of the blue 4 months later I find out he left me for someone else. He lied about her when I asked if there was someone else, the only reason I found out about her was because I'd heard someone talking about me in Tesco (LOL) anyway 24 hours after confronting him she posted pictures of them all over social media. She left her partner too. They'd been together 10 years and were engaged. She upped him and left him the way my ex left me, same excuses. (I'm not happy, I need some space etc) she moved straight in with my ex.

After having our son I started pushing him away, turns out I was suffering with postnatal depression that went undiagnosed for 2 years. Maybe I should of fessed up and admitted that I wasn't coping.. but I wanted to be super mum! I can totally understand why he left me I wasn't the easiest person to be with, but to wait till he'd met someone else. Totally wrong.

Anyway over the course of the year, he's had very little contact, he hasn't see the children at all.. until now! I asked him time and time again to see the children but he wouldn't (long list of excuses)

Anyway he's back in touch, seen the children twice (he's still with her) we've been talking about how things went wrong etc he's told me that he's never loved anyone as much as he loved me and he always wanted to spend his life with me he just couldn't handle the situation we were in anymore (yes it gives me hope) he's leading me to believe that he won't stay with her as he's saying things like he won't get married and have any more children (she has no children) but then saying they are fine together. I don't know if he's just saying what he thinks I want to hear.. but part of me has always believed that when his relationship hits the rocks then he'll be back to see the children. Apparently according to her ex (we've spoke) she's very resentful of children always had a dream of having someone's first baby, so she wouldn't be very welcoming of mine.

Yes I know I shouldn't still be in love with a man who is capable of walking away from his children for a year and telling so many lies. But something inside me has always told me it's not over yet.

Fingers crossed eh?! But if he wasn't meant for me then one day I'll move in and be happy.

Hi ! Still waiting for my success story but I know one who helps me stay hopeful

One of my friend went out with a guy after a really bad break-up, as a rebound. She was a wreck and he was young, it went wrong several times. The first time, they broke up because he couldn't bear that she was still thinking of her ex. They got back together quickly. The second time they broke up because he was unsure of his feelings for her. They stayed appart for 3 months. My friend understood that she had to work on herself because she had treated him a bit harshly. They got back together. Then the last time, the broke up because "he needed adventure", she was his first. They went back together with him saying "I thought I needed to know adventures without you but you are the only one I want". Now they've been together for 4 years and that learnt to work through their issues, they are moving together at the end of the month

I have a few stories. I actually have many stories about reuniting, but I will keep it to the ones where there were successful endings.

1. My old coworker had dated someone for a while and she seemed to get bored. She stated she got mean and the guy she was dating left her. She had contacted maybe twice afterwards and he wasn't receptive. 6 months later they started speaking and got back together and ended up getting married.

2. My cousin's wife told me the story that spanned probably 7 years. It was on and off and he just didn't want to commit to her. They both dated other people. I believe he had at least one serious relationship in between. One day after that relationship ended, he called her and told her he had always been in love with her. They have been married now for about 10 years.

3. My aunt told me that after a few years of her and my uncle dating, he wasn't sure if he wanted to commit. She left him for a few months and I believe he kept calling to ask her back. They have been married for over 40 years.

4. My ex's brother and sister in law had dated in high school and ended up going to the same college. They broke up for 6 months and dated other people. Now they have been married for probably over 10 years and have children.

5. Another coworker of mine was seeing somebody for a few months. He then decided he was not ready for a relationship because he still held resentment towards his ex. They had a lot of mutual friends, so they would still hang out and after about a month he decided he wanted to be with her again. They just recently got engaged.

Thought I'd post, maybe one day I can come back with a success story - my gf split with me 2 months and change. 1 month of occasional begging - after that I gave up and went no contact to heal its day 35 and she messaging at least once a week. She's really friendly but I don't know wether it's because we were best mates and she misses the friendship or if she wants me back romantically. I just hope a few months down the line I can come back saying she wanted me back because I love her and took her for granted.

To future me - don't f*** it up again. T*t

Hoping someday I can post a happy ending for myself on here.

My closest friend had been dating her boyfriend for just over 1.5 years when he suddenly ended things with her saying that he couldn't see a future with her anymore and that they were going in different directions. He also felt that since they'd spent so much time together that he'd lost a bit of himself. So, he hung out with friends, played music and moved on with his life while my friend was left completely devastated. She tried begging and pleading with him for the first week or so after the breakup, but he remained certain in his decision. She tried moving on slowly, and was sure she'd never talk to him again.

Then, about a month and a half later she got a text from him asking to catch up. So they did, and nothing happened at first. She hung out with him until almost 2 am and felt that she kind of wasted her time since he hadn't mentioned getting back together. When she brought up that she'd been seeing other guys, he broke down and wanted her back.

They got back together, and have been dating for 4 years and are just moving in together!

Keep them coming, guys. I must say that I feel much better now 5 months post-breakup with a solid 3.5 months of NC in there. I'd be lying if I said I didn't still think of her, but those moments are much shorter in duration and the sadness I feel in those moments is more fleeting. This thread has helped me a lot along the way. I'm not clinging on to false hope and have casually dated several women since the breakup, but it does make me feel better in those times of darkness that all of us have endured. Sometimes no matter how unlikely, we all need that ray of light to help us through the tough times.

"Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is carrying a heavy burden."

My guy friend and his girlfriend are an international couple. They met at uni in his country and dated happily and then she had to go home. They tried to keep it going and in the end she said she was so lonely and she couldn't take it anymore and broke up with him over Skype. he was a mess for months and thought they'd never get back together. He told me he was persistent, but there was a period in which she was cold to him and they didn't speak for 3-4 months. He landed a job in her country and they started again taking it slowly before finally getting back together. They've been living together now for about a year and half and talking about marriage!

I have been reading through a lot of these stories and it's helped calm me down a lot and feel much more hopeful which is helping a lot.

What I would love to know, is more about success stories where a couple (me and my ex) were together for 9+ years, and engaged for a few of those years, getting broken up with for seemingly various reasons but the ex has been seeing someone else but no one else knows about it, (he doesn't know I know either), the ex has told this girl he loves them and is mad for them, and they have also slept with them as well. I still live with the ex and we get on great, it's been 6 months since he broke it off with me and I'm absolutely devastated that we aren't together for so many reasons and I don't want him back just cause I'm lonely but as far as I'm concerned, I really love him and can make him happy and so many other things. Would it be better if I moved out? I'm terrified he's going to move her in where we've lived for 2 years together. I really would love for a reconciliation more than anything but reading all these stories have helped me think a bit more straighter. Don't get me wrong, I'm working on myself and all the things that needed improving. But I can't tell if the relationship he has is just a rebound relationship that's lasted a while. As I know some do.

But are there any success stories where the dumper and dumpee still lived together and were still friends and got back together even though the dumper is seeing someone else (as far as I'm aware, I don't know if it a relationship or a kind of fling with feelings, if that makes sense). I know my situation is not going to be exactly like others but it's just a case of ex's being friends while ex is seeing someone else and getting back together down the line? I also know this whole reconciliation wouldn't happen overnight but I'm a very patient person when I need to be.

Please don't give me any negative responses please. Thank you if you read all of that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two stories, both mine. I'll keep them short.

1) An ex reconnected after 15 years of silence. We had a tremendously difficult but passionate relationship in our 20's. I left him to join the military because he had a drug problem and I had enough. He contacted me in July of this year. Over the course of a month, we talked of a possible future. He had supposedly changed and was a different man. I've posted this story here for further information about what happened.

We decided to meet up and make up for lost time. The next thing I know is he is telling me that he is working things out with his ex-wife and that he wants to be friends. So I guess that's a story of reconciliation, but not for me. Oh well. NC for him.

2) I met Jay at a concert 8 years ago and we started out hot and heavy. We were together for a year and a half before he decided he wanted to work things out with his ex who had been contacting him begging for a second chance. Again, NC for him. I didn't talk to him for 6 years. He tried, but I ignored. It was the most difficult thing to do but I knew I had to do it. I was alone for 6 years after him, until the guy in the previous story contacted me. I ended up contacting Jay again this August after what happened with the guy above. He's divorced from the ex and has really opened up about what happened and how he feels/felt about me. We are not together, but I think that chance is much more likely because of this long time of NC.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a story but sadly it's not a successful reconciliation story. My ex broke up with me after 11 months in relationship and after that I strictly aimed myself to go no contact for 30 days. The 30 days was just a goal, it wasn't really meant to be like I'd break initiate and break no contact after 30 days. But instead I just reminded myself that I should atleast try since it was really so hard to do given with my emotional personality. We both blocked off each on other social media, it was a bad break up.

But guess what after 3 weeks strictly while I was doing no contact, my ex just suddenly came back and busting my phone and was willing to go to my place and see me. I was pretty steady back then but I also knew it felt like " is this happening". He talked to me and all and we talked about our past mistakes and how we both can improve. He said he was willing to try again. I asked to take things slow and whatever happens, happens as I was still healing and guarding my heart. He pretty much initiated messaging after first couple of days, I controlled myself to respond only if he does message first as I didn't want to appear so eager about it.

Sadly, while I was raising my hopes on him with the messages and actions he was showing, after a week, I got brushed off again. This time, he has someone new and it only took a small problem or an argument of me to bring up to give me up completely. He just said he doesn't love me anymore, great. It only took overnight for things to change. I guess he really didn't want me back, but instead he was just scared I was moving on and he was just lonely and now that he has someone new, well goodbye to me. So now, I'm back on NC and for him to say or do all of those is like a wake up call for me to continue focusing on myself.

So yes, exes do come back but not also for the reason of wanting you back, but only for satisfaction of destroying you back. Guard your heart people.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

He's a jerk. Emotions are not toys.

Perhaps he just wanted to see if he still could get you back, because most likely

his ego was bruised by you not contacting him, and he wanted to see what you were up to.

Don't let him do it again. He may try. Be strong and practice self love.

My ex was playing games with me too, see me in public, be affectionate, then no calls nor texts.

They lose respect for you when they know they can have you back. Mine is now deleted.

It's been a week and a half no contact, and even if he tries, I won't reply. I'm done looking like the fool.

I have a story from my best friends (Both of them are my greatest friends).

They met around their 14 years old and started a relationship when they were about their 15 yeras old, they dated till theirs 17 years and then broke up cuz she met another guy in a travel she went.

3 years go by and after both of them going on LTR they managed to get back together and are happyest as they never been before

Hi everyone! This thread has been really helpful to me since my breakup two months ago, so I want to contribute some stories to help others as well.

I was with my boyfriend for 2.5 years until he broke up with me. He is going through some personal issues and we are just at different life stages, so he felt that he needed some time to figure things out and it wouldn’t be fair to me to keep dating right now. (I know it sounds cliché but we talked a lot and I know it’s the truth). I was completely blindsided. I initially wasn’t thinking about getting back together, because I figured once you break up it’s over. However everyone I talk to (including his mom!) kept telling me they thought he was going through some stuff but we would get back together down the line. I asked him and he said that he could also see us ending up together, but not to wait for him and to enjoy my life and be happy. So I have been working out, planning some international trips, volunteering, and hanging out with friends. I am at just about 50 days no contact. Anyways, everyone I talk to is so sure that we will get back together that they keep telling me their own reconciliation stories, so here they are (with changed names):

1. My former roommate Maria was with her boyfriend Chris for 2-3 years in college. He got a job that would require him to travel internationally most of the year, and she wanted to settle in one place. Neither wanted to hold the other back, so they decided to break up after graduation. I met her right after she graduated, so I hadn’t met him, but she would say that she thought they would end up together. I know they weren’t in contact for a while, but one day he emailed her and then they would talk sporadically. She just threw herself into doing stuff with friends, and dated quite a few guys. She even told her ex she couldn’t talk to him anymore at one point because she got serious with someone else, but ended up breaking up with him after a few months. They had the same college friends though so they would see each other a few times a year when all their friends would get together and would sometimes end up hooking up. Eventually after two years she decided she couldn’t keep seeing him and hooking up and told him they either needed to be strictly friends or get back together. He said he wanted to get back together. His job ended that required travel and he moved to the city she was in. I finally met him and they are perfect together! She said they needed that time apart because it helped them both do what they wanted without being resentful, and they learned a lot in the process about how to communicate with one another and now their relationship is better than ever.

2. One of my best friends Marissa was with her boyfriend Nate for about a year, and his job was transferred to another state. She was in grad school so she couldn’t move. She wanted to do long distance, but he didn’t. She was devastated and they broke up. She went NC and tried to move on, but kept thinking about him. About 6 months later he invited her to visit, they had a great weekend. She figured this was her chance, and she told him she still loved him. He said he still didn’t want to do long distance, and she thought that was it. A few months later (9 months total post break-up) he contacted her and said he changed his mind. They got back together, she moved in with him when she graduated, and they are planning to get engaged next year!

3. My best friend James was with his boyfriend Richard for about 2.5 years. James was two years older and graduated college, but Richard still had two years to go. They started fighting and Richard wasn’t being supportive of James trying to focus on a career. They broke up fairly mutually but I think James wanted to make it work more than Richard. It ended on bad terms due to all the fighting. Over the course of the next year they were kinda in limbo, occasional NC, sometimes hooking up, sometimes being friends. Eventually one year post breakup Richard acknowledged that he hadn’t been supportive and he wanted another shot. They have now been together another 2.5 years since the breakup, and are discussing getting engaged soon! He said their relationship is better than ever.

4. My friend Rebecca met her boyfriend Kevin while they were both placed in the same country for the Peace Corps. I don’t remember the exact details of why they broke up, but I think he started dating someone else and things were complicated because they were from different cities and neither wanted to move when the corps ended. They broke up and her placement ended so she came back home, he was still there. She was devastated. He was in a remote area so they could only talk occasionally via email. She told me she really didn’t take it well. She moped around for 9 months, and eventually realized she had to move on. She decided that was it, and she said she told all her roommates not to even mention his name anymore. She went to bed and woke up the next morning to an email from him saying he wanted to get back together! I went to their wedding last year, and she is currently pregnant with their first child and they are very happy.

5. I recently met a friend Jessica who said she dated a guy Ethan back in the last year of highschool and beginning of college for 3 years. I am not sure exactly why they broke up, but he dumped her. Apparently they were young and she made some dumb mistakes. She said it took her 5 years to accept that they would never be together. She moved to a new city, and he coincidentally ended up moving there a year later. She reached out just to say hi, but he brushed her off because he was dating someone. Then later his relationship ended and he reached out to her, but now she was dating someone. Her relationship ended and they are now in the process of dating again 7 years after their breakup. She seems really happy and she said all her friends always knew they would end up together.

6. My ex’s mom actually dated a guy in high school briefly but they went their separate ways in college. Both ended up marrying and having kids with other people, and both ended up getting divorced. Two years ago they happened to reconnect and hit it off. It had been 30 years since they dated. I know both of their former marriages were not very happy, so I was really thrilled to see her so happy in this new relationship. They got married earlier this year and just bought a house together. When he proposed he said he loved her for 30 years!

7. I was talking to a friend about my breakup and her mom overheard, she told me that she dated her husband for about a year in high school and they broke up because they were young and went their separate ways for college. They didn’t talk at all during this time. He contacted her 2.5 years later asking for another chance, and they have been married for 25+ years now.

8. My friend Sarah was dating her boyfriend for about 6 months when he broke up with her because he was going through some personal issues with his job/anxiety. She was devastated. She tried NC but couldn’t do it, so I know they talked but not sure how much. About a month later he felt like he had gotten things back on track – he was promoted, saw a therapist, etc. and asked her for another shot. I am not sure if this one will work long term, but for now they have been back together for a few months.

9. This one I don’t condone, but my friend Elizabeth was dating her boyfriend Alex for 2 years when she found out he had been cheating on her pretty much the whole time. It was a huge shock to everyone, he seemed like a stand up guy and they were always seen as the perfect couple. They broke up, and both started dating other people. They would talk occasionally, but obviously all her friends and family wanted him to stay away. About a year later they got back together, and now have been together for a few years. I don’t trust him, but it’s still a reconciliation story.

10. As for me, these aren’t exactly success stories but they show that the dumper did come back. I was friends with a guy in high school and we became very close. I developed a crush on him and he said he had a crush on me too, we decided to start dating but then he dumped me for my best friend. I was devastated, but I had to stay friends with him because he was dating my friend so he was always around. I just tried to act calm even though I was livid. We remained good friends for a while but he would get really jealous whenever I would talk to another guy, and eventually he broke up with my friend and asked to date me again. I wasn’t interested. We got in a big fight. We didn’t talk for 9 months, then started slowing becoming friends again. Over the next few years he would always try to get back with me. Once his girlfriend even texted me saying he would talk about me all the time and she knew he still liked me, but I was over it. It took me probably two years to be totally over it, and the fact that he left me for my friend gave me some trust issues for a while, but I can wholeheartedly say I am glad things did not work out with him. We don’t talk now unless we run into each other but I feel totally neutral towards him and am happy to catch up if I see him.

A similar situation happened in college. I dated a guy for about 6 months, and he dumped me for my best friend. I was really upset, especially at having lost what I thought was a really good friend (I tried to work it out with her, but she didn’t want to). This was right before I studied abroad, so I left the country and didn’t talk to him again. They dated for about 1.5 years, and to be honest they made more sense as a couple so I got over it. 6 months after they broke up (2 years after he dumped me) I ran into him in a bar and we ended up talking. He asked me out again and apologized for the way he treated me before. I wasn’t interested but I was curious why he was asking me out after all this time, so I said yes to one date. I ended up realizing that he wasn’t really anything special, not sure why I ever liked him. So I ended it pretty quick. He would still try to contact me occasionally for a few months. He backed off when I started dating my recent ex. The second time around gave me closure and once again, helped me to be glad I didn’t end up with him.

Through my break up experience I realized there are so many more stories of people getting back together than I knew, you just don’t usually hear about them. I even know more than I wrote, but I don’t have all the details so I couldn’t share. All my friends who shared these stories with me told me how important it was to truly move on and accept the breakup. They said it is okay to have hope as long as that hope isn’t stopping you from moving on with your life. I also think you know your relationship best, so trust yourself to do what is right. Good luck to everyone!

OMG I just found out this weekend that my ex got married with the girl he dumped me for, after knowing each other on LDR for 8 months!!! We were together LDR for five years. During this time after the breakup there have been signs he loved me, we've been texting, hooked up a few times... he told me that he was getting married on Aug 12th, but instead it was Aug 19th. As if he wanted me to do something. .... but I stayed nc since aug 1st as I didn't have the idea he would listen to me if I would be saying that I wanted to marry him.... ooooooohhhh are there any success stories of people whose ex married the rebound and came back? Please please please

OMG I just found out this weekend that my ex got married with the girl he dumped me for, after knowing each other on LDR for 8 months!!! We were together LDR for five years. During this time after the breakup there have been signs he loved me, we've been texting, hooked up a few times... he told me that he was getting married on Aug 12th, but instead it was Aug 19th. As if he wanted me to do something. .... but I stayed nc since aug 1st as I didn't have the idea he would listen to me if I would be saying that I wanted to marry him.... ooooooohhhh are there any success stories of people whose ex married the rebound and came back? Please please please

Why would you even consider being with someone who cheated on his GF with you and now hes married? sounds like a real loser to me, sorry but now hes married and he may only want to hook up with you just to use you ! move on this guy is not interested in any type of formal commitment with you.

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years around a month ago due to me being clingy and jealous. We spoke for a week then I went NC. I did 23 days and she messaged me to arrange plans for a comedy show we are going to together which we got tickets to before the split and are now going to dinner before hand. So am not sure how its gonna go.

A bit of background on the break up. I was the dumpee and did is say a small amount of begging. We were both the first serious relationship and took each other's virginities. When I asked if we would get back together she said she doesn't know. We are also going on holiday in March together. I have been really working on my self and have lost around 20lbs since the break up and working on my issues. However someone who I don't know has been telling her I haven't changed and I feel this will hinder my own development if people cannot see the effort I'm putting in.

Any advice on my reconciliation attempt would be helpful.

I got back with my ex boyfriend in one month. We have been together for 2 and half years. He broke up with me. I was devastated. He said he wanted remain friends and I agreed. I didn't contacted him for the first week, he text me to pick his thing on that weekend. I called him on the second weekend, he said the break up has a reason to break up, I should move on and enjoy single life. If I think contacting him can help me get through the heartbroken, he will answer and reply my call and text. He didn't initiate contact. I went to his place one night to talk the issue I had when I was with him, talked two to three hours. On the third weekend, I asked him to go out with me, he agreed and we had a very good time. We didn't talk about getting back together at all, just being together like best friends. I was thinking maybe it is what he just wants. I was really worried but I didn't ask about it. When I asked can we meet on the fourth weekend, he said yes, and I asked what time he is coming, he said the time as usual we meet on weekend, then I know he might want to get back together. At that night after dinner, I asked him if we are all good, he said yes, he want to give a second chance and he was thinking these last week. He doesn't want to be just friends. These happened last weekend. I call him everyday right now as his girlfriend.