Getting back together really does happen!

To be honest I believe there is quite a big chance of getting back with someone. As you have seen I have alot of stories not just to do with me, but people I know aswell.

All my exs comeback, eventhough it didnt work out between us they came back. And in the final end I was the one doing the dumping.

Getting back together is the easy part, its keeping together which is hard.

I wish this were true but sadly, I don't think it is.

I have to say the people I know who where in a serious relationship who split up , 80% got back together.

one in particular really shocked me ...she despised the very essence of him , they split for over a year , they got back

at christmas ..I was stunned ...

there is no way to know ..no guaruntee ..so best to move forward and just accept that's what for you will not pass you by.

• Like 1
I wish this were true but sadly, I don't think it is.

Where are you getting your information though?

Remember, this forum is NOT representative of the real world. Its a very limited sample of people who feel emotions and break up very strongly. I get the feeling that the people that end up back together are often the ones who don't care as much.. so that would already be a smaller amount than in real life. Then also, don't forget that this forum has very few consistent users. I doubt that most of the posters come back and say - hey this and this happened and give us an update. Most of the posts are.. "we've been 3 month NC after a 5 year relationships.. tried to reconcile, he still doesn't want to talk to me, wrote him an angry letter". Again, not a sample of what happens down the line AFTER the person moves on.

Which is why I like this thread. I feel like it gives a more real world perspective on what happens in the long run.

Yes always dependent on both feeling the same way. But as always just because they loved us yesterday doesn't mean they will ever love us again. If the 2 people decide they want to be together then that is all that counts.

A lot of us suffer because we believe they loved us once they might do so again. Until the 2 people decide they both want the same thing , the party who is stranded in limbo hoping and waiting will waste their life.

Never say never on reconciliations but always be aware the clock is ticking and act accordingly.

• Like 1
If two people truly, madly, deeply love each other , they will find a way

That is something that I used to live by... and I truly believed it because my ex and I had broken up (several times) but always managed to find a way back to each other no matter how ugly our breakup was. But now I don't know how much I believe it anymore... I mean a part of me still believes if 2 people really love each other they will end up together in the end.

My ex (same guy that broke up with me several times) has left me once again but this time it's different cause were actually engaged and living together. We've been together for a total of 6 years... A part of me still feels like we love each other but just have so much differences and communication problems (more so on his end). I know I need to move on but I still have a little bit of hope that one day will be together....

Just like you undercover007, I too have broken up with my ex several times, and we have always gotten back together (8 months post BU), we weren't deep into the relationship before like we just were for a year, with talk of getting married. I am the one with communication problems along with anger issues that have caused the breakup now...I am wanting to get healthy for me first and maybe down the road we may be able to work things out, but right now he's on rebound, 1 week after we broke up. Like you, a part of me knows he still loves me, he's just tired and worn out and hurt. I know I still love him, but I am taking my "hope" and continuing down the path of healing. It's good to have hope, just don't let it stunt your healing. I feel for you!

A couple I know dated for 3 years. Last March she moved in with him but relationship was already on the rocks. After a month they break up and she goes back home.

Its on - off for the next few months and June they break up again.

Fast forward to last October and they got back together after about a total of 6 months.

They are still together.

Yes always dependent on both feeling the same way. But as always just because they loved us yesterday doesn't mean they will ever love us again. If the 2 people decide they want to be together then that is all that counts.

A lot of us suffer because we believe they loved us once they might do so again. Until the 2 people decide they both want the same thing , the party who is stranded in limbo hoping and waiting will waste their life.

Never say never on reconciliations but always be aware the clock is ticking and act accordingly.

lol, but if you're on NC how can you act accordingly? You are not aware of this person life. How they're doing, or anything.

Does this mean you break NC hoping that person... still loves you?

If they don't come and find you.. it is over..

NC ... heal up and try to move on

Only an ex can bring an ex back... If they don't bring themselves back, they don't want to come back

No plans , no gimmicks... just their will to want to be with you. That may never happen , be a pity to waste valuable breathing time sitting and waiting ( not acting accordingly)

Hey guys, i do know a few people that have broken up and then after a few months got back together. I am going to check the details and update this thread.

I do have one story to share about my boss. He was with this girl for over a year, they had lots of ups and down but he wanted to marry her. She started to go a bit strange on him, she seemed to have erratic mood swings which caused them to argue a lot. Things were not going well and in the end he left her. He went NC and they didn't speak at all. 4.5 months later he decided he finds himself thinking about her and wishing they could give it one more try so he wrote her a letter and posted it. They are now seeing how things go. I thought it was very sweet that he wrote her a letter as he is not the romantic type but he was not happy without her in his life.

I'll post my story...

My current ex (who broke up with me a few weeks ago AGAIN) broke up with me in April 2011 after 7 months together due to a situation. I went NC, dropped his stuff off at his door when I knew he would be out, and remained NC until he text 2 weeks later with his new number. He text the week after saying about meeting up for coffee. I think I replied that would be good but nothing came of it and I was of the opinion that if you want to see me, you go all out to make sure we meet up.

Week later I was on a night out and bumped into him in a club. This is when he told me the situation was better and this was the first time he told me he loved me...we got back together.

This time we broke up late March 2012 about another situation. I went NC for 9 days then he contacts asking how I am and about seeing eachother. We meet up for a last night. Back to NC for a couple of days then he texts about something he could have asked about the last time we saw eachother. Back to NC now although I did end up caving in and sending him a jokey birthday card. Not expecting to get a response to it but I feel better for doing it.

Doubt we will get back together but it happened once so thought I'd share my story.

Onwards and upwards now

Haha well mine isnt a reconciliation story but its a chance.

My first real ex, who I said only come back as a friend, has recently been texting me telling me he thinks about me a lot and now that Im single would liketo meet up with me and maybe start up a new relationship.

We were together 5 years ago! He claims Ive never left his mind, but his pride wouldnt let him talk to me.

Its crazy, but clearlyif you are a nice person to the other you will never leave there mind, well for me thats every ex has returned to me looking for a relationship. So if definitely does happen!

Haha well mine isnt a reconciliation story but its a chance.

My first real ex, who I said only come back as a friend, has recently been texting me telling me he thinks about me a lot and now that Im single would liketo meet up with me and maybe start up a new relationship.

We were together 5 years ago! He claims Ive never left his mind, but his pride wouldnt let him talk to me.

Its crazy, but clearlyif you are a nice person to the other you will never leave there mind, well for me thats every ex has returned to me looking for a relationship. So if definitely does happen!

How long after the break up did he say this? I think this is very sweet

Just recently. We have spoke periodically since the break up, he left me. And I was distraught, done the begging and all that but then left it. He was always the one to make contact, but I was always in a relationship when he tried.

We we texting all last night, catching up since the last time we spoke.

Thats when he told me that hes been thinking about me a lot and all the good times we had together. And that he would like to meet up, and maybe start a new relationship.

It was completely out of the blue, I never knew for this whole time that he wanted to try again. But isnt it funny how things work out.

Just recently. We have spoke periodically since the break up, he left me. And I was distraught, done the begging and all that but then left it. He was always the one to make contact, but I was always in a relationship when he tried.

We we texting all last night, catching up since the last time we spoke.

Thats when he told me that hes been thinking about me a lot and all the good times we had together. And that he would like to meet up, and maybe start a new relationship.

It was completely out of the blue, I never knew for this whole time that he wanted to try again. But isnt it funny how things work out.

That is a lovely story and warms my heart. I meant, how long were you broken up for? Did you go a period without speaking if so how long? How long were you together?

Sorry for all the questions..hehe

x

We were broken up a few months before his first contact, and the it continued periodically. We would speak every few months but Id end contact, thenhe wuld contact again. But I only spoke to him once when I was with my recent ex.

We were together for 7 months, but because it was my first real relationship it felt like years to me. I loved him a lot, and it killed me when he left.

But this story proves two things;

1. You can and will move on. God knows I did, I even have a child with my recent ex.

2. Exs do come back, more often than people think they do. Inever once thought that he would but you never know what the future has in store

We were broken up a few months before his first contact, and the it continued periodically. We would speak every few months but Id end contact, thenhe wuld contact again. But I only spoke to him once when I was with my recent ex.

We were together for 7 months, but because it was my first real relationship it felt like years to me. I loved him a lot, and it killed me when he left.

But this story proves two things;

1. You can and will move on. God knows I did, I even have a child with my recent ex.

2. Exs do come back, more often than people think they do. Inever once thought that he would but you never know what the future has in store

I believe so, all my exes over 6 months have reached out or tried to get back with me. I think time and letting go is important. thanks for your story