raising doubts...

LiquidFlames

hi everyone.

my girlfriend and i have been in a relationship for about 10 months now, we've lived together with a few of our friends for the last 3 months (we are students). recently we've had a lot of stupid arguments.

the other night my girlfriend came back quite drunk from the weekly night out with the girls, she got in a mood with me because she brought up how i had been talking to some people on msn earlier in the day and she found it odd that i asked her to move (when she was sitting on my lap) when i wanted to carry on chatting. when i said its weird she wanted to watch my conversations with my friends, she said that it was more strange that i didn't want her seeing! i carried on with the conversations anyway like she wanted and all was okay.

when she got home drunk later that night she brought this up as it was still clearly in her mind. she then got a text on her phone, but when i answered "who is it?" she said "no-one"... i asked her many more times along with asking her why she wouldn't tell me and she simply replied no-one, or "you don't know them" whilst replying to the text.

the next morning i asked her about who it was and reminded her how stupid she was being and she said she couldn't remember anything about the night, so i said to look at her messages now and she said she'd deleted it because her inbox was full, so there is no trace of this message anywhere. I must admit I have looked at her phone and found that the message is gone, along with her reply from the sent messages. however every other message from before that one and after, are still there...

should i continue to confront my girlfriend about this text? i have questions such as surely she must have seen who it was when she deleted it as she didn't delete it in her drunken state, it must have been the next day. and why delete the sent message as well... also why only delete that message and it's sent equivalent and leave all the others, along with five or six other new ones that just seem to show that it could not have filled her inbox?

i'm really worried about this as we have been going through a really rough patch in our relationship with the pressures of living together and with stupid arguments. but i'm not sure if i'm overreacting and she seems to just dismiss it because she was drunk?

any help on how to act now would be great. thank you.

oooo, I'm interested to read others responses on this.

I'd say whatever has happened (if anything) has happened. Let it be.

Work on patching up the relationship first just show her how much you love her.

Right this instant - call a resteraunt and book a meal! Take her out, go through your problems in a nice way with her. Two people in love can do great things.

All is not lost

Good luck mate!

imo- she was upset that you were "hiding" your chat with a friend- and to get even- she "hid" a text message to make you worry.

People do immature things when they are drunk.

unless you have other reasons to think something is going on- i would assume she was doing it to give you a taste of your own medicine...

not that you did anything wrong- but because she is probably feeling insecure-

I don't think she would cheat on me, but to be honest, no-one can ever know and people do stupid things when they are drunk. I do have that feeling it was something to get back at me for hiding my innocent chats earlier but she still did receive a text and not only not tell me about it, but also deleted all evidence it ever happened. Do you think I should still question her about it further??

Thanks for all responses.

I don't think she would cheat on me, but to be honest, no-one can ever know and people do stupid things when they are drunk. I do have that feeling it was something to get back at me for hiding my innocent chats earlier but she still did receive a text and not only not tell me about it, but also deleted all evidence it ever happened. Do you think I should still question her about it further??

Thanks for all responses.

no let it go unless you want to develop even more issues in the relationship.

Archived