Does My Ex Want Me Back?

sunshinestate22

We lived together and dated for five months. It was a "love at first sight" type of deal. Which was different for me, since I am so analytical and uber-careful when it comes to any type of relationship (business, friendship or matters of the heart). Soon into the relationship, as wonderful of a person as he was/is, I noticed (anyone would have "noticed"; it was b-a-d) he had issues that went beyond the scope of normal. Infact, he was on medication for being Bipolar and I was unaware. Once aware, I did notice he was responsible with his condition and medication. Then he decided it would be okay to drink alcohol on these (incorrect meds). Things got WAY out of control with him... I did the three strikes you're out rule. He quickly gained three strikes and I gave him the boot. I was NOT happy about having to do this, but that was the healthy thing to do.

Fast forward, six months -we have kept in contact after him leaving. For the past four months he has been living with his parents, went through a severe depression and now is on the right medication. He sees a therapist once a week and is clearly trying. He has asked me to go to Europe with he and his family to visit family. He is staying for several weeks and asked me to come with & stay as long as I like. He didn't and doesn't just ask ... he continually is making sure that I'm going. It isn't a psycho type of checking in with me to see if I'm going ... more on the (I'll give him this->) cute side of checking in with me to make sure I am serious about going. He tells me I am the best friend he has ever known in his life and that he loves me. At the same time, however, when talking about going out and such where he is now... he tells me he is not looking for a relationship, but just sex. He says he knows he is not ready for a relationship and he isn't. This isn't a letter about me wanting you guys to say "Oh yeah... he wants you back... yeah, yeah, yeah ... definitely." This is a letter concerned for him, because I know I could never be with him ... but I do want to go to Europe and be his friend. Do you think that I am leading him on by going? Am I leading him on by being his best friend? I just have "that feeling", he is looking at this more than it is.... I have asked him such, but he says "You really just are the best friend I have ever had in my Life..." I don't know... are there any signs I should be looking out for that may mean he is in it for more than just friendship? Anyone, anyone? Thanks.

It would be disappointment not going to Europe ... ! This I have and can do on my own, but let's just say that there are mega-perks going with he & his awesome family. Again, I am a-okay with the relationship as it is, now and emotionally, I would/will be fine. He says he would be, as well. He sounds sure about this, but again... my question is... how am I to know 100%? He IS a great person and friend, I don't want to crush the guy. Signs?

It would be disappointment not going to Europe ... ! This I have and can do on my own, but let's just say that there are mega-perks going with he & his awesome family. Again, I am a-okay with the relationship as it is, now and emotionally, I would/will be fine. He says he would be, as well. He sounds sure about this, but again... my question is... how am I to know 100%? He IS a great person and friend, I don't want to crush the guy. Signs?

You dont know that he will be fine. It could turn into the holiday from hell. So let me get this straight..you got rid of him? But the perks are great? Get your priorities straight and remember that you seperated hopefully for legitamate reasons. Keep away and go with someone you can trust..

And yes, I seperated from him due to the circumstances at that time. Circumstances, at this time are completely different: he is healthy and being responsible with his medication & life. And yes, the perks are great with the trip, most definitely; being with fun people (he, the family) amongst other great potential life experiences that otherwise would not be as rich. So, my question has been answered ... I think ... There are no signs... Despite my intuition that he may look at this as more than friendship, I must believe him when he says that he just looks at me as a friend ... as I do with him. Ah, the tough part... trusting what one says as the absolute truth.

And yes, I seperated from him due to the circumstances at that time. Circumstances, at this time are completely different: he is healthy and being responsible with his medication & life. And yes, the perks are great with the trip, most definitely; being with fun people (he, the family) amongst other great potential life experiences that otherwise would not be as rich. So, my question has been answered ... I think ... There are no signs... Despite my intuition that he may look at this as more than friendship, I must believe him when he says that he just looks at me as a friend ... as I do with him. Ah, the tough part... trusting what one says as the absolute truth.

are you guys still intimate?

Archived