Bump and Grind

julsiebear

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have three very important questions for the world at large regarding dancing in clubs/bars. This issue has been on my mind a lot lately, and I'm trying to wrap my head around it. I ask these questions with no bias for or against grinding, I'm just curious!

1. Ladies: do you like it when a guy you don't know comes up behind you to grind? (i.e. dance up against you from behind)?

2. Grinding guys: does it take a lot of guts to grind up on a pretty girl? Would it be even scarier to ask her to dance?

3. Guys: How would you react if a girl came up behind you to grind?

Can't wait to hear everyone's input on this...

Ive always seen it as a disgusting imature pervertive way of dancing.

personally, if a chick started grinding on me, id get uncomfortable. My first reaction would be "Sl** alert". Im not interested in women that are easy.

My ex was a pro at dancing like this, I never liked it. But I tried to do it for her, and I just felt like a dumb*** grinding on her. Finally, We started going to the bars with my parents (more country/alternative style) and she learned what how dance and still be respectful of herself. It was a real big joke to my parents how she danced, but I guess she grew up in clubs, going to them when she was 14 and hooking up with guys... so she didnt know any better

How many girls are going to say yes???????

And you don't need to ask her to dance. If she is already dancing, then it is a bit of a redundant question. Sometimes, I've had guys come up and ask me , when I'm already on the dancefloor, if I'd like to dance.

what do they think I'm doing already?

Anyway, I love to go dancing until the wee hours, but hate the kinds of clubs where guys and girls go to 'pick up' and grind..ugh!

I've had women dance provocatively on me before, but it didn't arouse me unfortunately. They were kinda skenky.

I hate clubs in general; too many mean-muggin' caulk blockin gangsta types and most have crap music. Bring on some Crystal Waters or Daft Punk at least, dammit! NO I don't want to hear little John go "HWHAT!? YAYUH!!! AOHKAY!!"

I've had women dance provocatively on me before, but it didn't arouse me unfortunately. They were kinda skenky.

I hate clubs in general; too many mean-muggin' caulk blockin gangsta types and most have crap music. Bring on some Crystal Waters or Daft Punk at least, dammit! NO I don't want to hear little John go "HWHAT!? YAYUH!!! AOHKAY!!"

But that's the only kind of music you CAN dance to!

/end sarcasm

Seriously though, if a random girl came up to me and just immediately tried to grind, I'd back away. If she kept moving toward me, she'd look like the idiot.

Now that I think of it, my friends sister did that to me. She wouldn't look at me while dancing with me (she had a bf and I'm not attracted to her; she just danced with me since I was alone) but tried to grind with me. I was like... UMM?!?!¿¿ I backed up and she asked what I thought I was doing. I made a lame excuse and went back to the bar and got a drink... lol

I just don't get why the women go NUTS to that kinda stuff; it's like I wish I had internet on my phone so I can show them the vid of Chris Rock admitting that he's tired of defending rap music.

It's not rap anymore. It's hip hop. But it's still not even that. Its 1-3 guys saying (not singing) seemingly random lyrics to a pre-recorded mix that a one-man band could create in about 15 seconds, then loop it for 2 minutes.

That is NOT a song.

That being said, it is kinda funny to watch people throw ridiculous moves on a dance floor during songs that don't deserve it. I only like dancing to techno/electronica, personally (as long as there are no lyrics).

I'm not into it. This happened to me at a dance when I was a junior in high school and the girl was very cute and I was just happy I managed to keep the boy down, lol.

It's just kinda uncomfortable for me when I don't know the person well. The only "REAL" dancing I've ever done is swing dancing, and I think that's pretty fun. I don't look like a swing dancer so I it was pretty strange, lol, but I enjoyed it.

The club scene...I don't know, it's basically like someone decided to put 10 things I hate into a loud environment and then calling it fun. I prefer underground rap...I'm really into horrorcore, but guys like Immortal Technique and Tech N9ne are pretty good. The stuff you can dance too is normally more commercial and less interesting.

It's not rap anymore. It's hip hop. But it's still not even that. Its 1-3 guys saying (not singing) seemingly random lyrics to a pre-recorded mix that a one-man band could create in about 15 seconds, then loop it for 2 minutes.

That is NOT a song.

That being said, it is kinda funny to watch people throw ridiculous moves on a dance floor during songs that don't deserve it. I only like dancing to techno/electronica, personally (as long as there are no lyrics).

It's crunk, actually; pure redundancy. But I like REAL Hip-Hop with REAL rhymes and REAL music... Pharcyde, Tribe Called Quest, some Jurassic 5, Kool Keith, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien... stuff the club folks seldom EVER feel or they call it "old" which is what their beloved songs become after 2 months.

It's so funny to watch the clubbers try to dance... I can't even dance, but I'd rather start dancing to the bee-gees than the crap they pass for "dance music" such as "I kissed a girl and I liked it". How about "I took a dump and wrote a song about it?"

hate it when a random guy comes up behind me. Did I invite him to? Can't I just want to come to a club and dance? Maybe I really like JUST dancing. It's fun to dance that way with a friend or an SO, but usually I'm a solo gal for dancing. Leave me alone.

hate it when a random guy comes up behind me. Did I invite him to? Can't I just want to come to a club and dance? Maybe I really like JUST dancing. It's fun to dance that way with a friend or an SO, but usually I'm a solo gal for dancing. Leave me alone.

You should make a sign that has LED's spelling "DO NOT DANCE WITH ME"

That would keep the guys off.

^^^x2.....I dont usuallly just randomly go up to a girl and start dancing with her..maybe start dancing in the area...let her come near me..then start dancing with her..I can usually tell if she wants to dance or not.

i like dancing in general...hip hop/trance/house/techno...its all fun

^^^x2.....I dont usuallly just randomly go up to a girl and start dancing with her..maybe start dancing in the area...let her come near me..then start dancing with her..I can usually tell if she wants to dance or not.

i like dancing in general...hip hop/trance/house/techno...its all fun

i only did the random come up behind you thing on spring break back in the day.

I find it the best way if it just happens.. i've never though oh lets go onto the dance floor to grind*shudder*.. just go to have fun

i prefer to dance provocatively with a girl.. or just dance it doesn't matter..

pisses me off on a thursday night at this RnB night (only been once or twice) it's just full of wannabe rude boys thinking they're hard.. i think most grinding takes place with RnB..that or dubstep.. seens/felt aload at dubstep gigs/clubs etc etc

1- I need some kind of previous eye contact, at least. it would usually take 2 songs of approaching 'til I decided that particular stranger is allowed to step closer. which means anyone that comes grinding behind me out of nowhere will be found alone in 10...9...

2- I'm not a guy, but I noticed it's harder to get a pair for a real dance (salsa/bolero/foxtrot/putthenameyouwanthereforadancefortwo) than for grinding. perhaps because it does not require an actual invite, nor any kind of previous conducting knowledge (a man MUST know how to lead when dancing. it's awful to be the lady AND have to lead)

3- female opinion on that: the girl will have to be really wasted to go grinding from behind a guy. usually, when having the guts to do so, we come up from the front X D. I only saw this happen once, though... most girls will dance to themselves and be hapy with it.

I stay away from the dance floor as much as possible. It's a trap. Nothing more.

Most women that grind with random guys just do it for the thrill & ego stroking/validation hit. Basic attention whoring 101 as far as I'm concerned.

I love to go clubbing... not really in north America because IMO the clubbing sucks. I love a particular kind of music... richie hawtin, sven vath, tenaglia, laurent garnier, luciano, villalobos, loco dice... the list goes on. People do not grind to that sort of music.

I HATE the sort of club where the guy would come up and even ask em to dance and I HATE the sort of club where a DJ would take requests or clubs that play a 'little bit of everything' Cheesey god awful dance music or heaven forbid modern hip hop with clubs that have VIP and bottle service mkae me want to vomit anyway..and those are the sorts of clubs that attract grinders anyway.

Archived