Getting a girlfriend

IndieLover

Aww, you're so young! Don't rush it! It will happen, you have PLENTY of time to find one. I know guys in their 20s (and a couple on here in their 30s) who have never had a girlfriend. If there are any girls at school you like, why not ask them to a dance?

Run. Believe that women still have cooties while you still can. They will suck your soul right out of you.

When you find out women don't really have cooties for yourself... you will never be able to live without one again.

I kid. =)

It will come in due time you just have to be a little patient. It would be different if you came here saying youre 25 and never had one but at your age I bet most guys never really experience having a true girlfriend. Just be patient and it will come

Meh, you're 15. What are you going to do with a girlfriend?

You can't really go on proper dates. You can't take roadtrips. You can't really do anything much at all.

What do you THINK he wants to do?

Jeez

If he's not after one particular girl, he's not in it for love.

I'm just saying...

dating at that age is pretty lame. The only thing I got from it was the ability to brag to my friends about making out with a cute boy.

I got my first boyfriend when I was barely 16 but it was under condition {enforced by me, can you believe it} that we do nothing in the touchy-feely sense until I felt sure our relationship would last. I didn't even want to kiss in public, which he accepted with "I love you, so waiting is worth it"

Three years, and nothing more than kisses.

Most teenagers are constantly sex, sex, sex at ridiculous ages nowadays. Drives me batty, hearing 13 year olds bragging about how many guys they've slept with.

I got my first boyfriend when I was barely 16 but it was under condition {enforced by me, can you believe it} that we do nothing in the touchy-feely sense until I felt sure our relationship would last. I didn't even want to kiss in public, which he accepted with "I love you, so waiting is worth it"

Three years, and nothing more than kisses.

Most teenagers are constantly sex, sex, sex at ridiculous ages nowadays. Drives me batty, hearing 13 year olds bragging about how many guys they've slept with.

I know. At 13, I thought that love made babies! I didn't know what sex was!

And I didn't even know what a BJ was until my junior year of high school! A friend had to explain it to me and I thought it sounded kinda weird.

I know. At 13, I thought that love made babies! I didn't know what sex was!

And I didn't even know what a BJ was until my junior year of high school! A friend had to explain it to me and I thought it sounded kinda weird.

Now, try not to laugh, but when I did Sex Education in school in Year 7 {so at about age 13}, I swore that if I had a boyfriend, I would never put my mouth or hands on his *bit*, and I wouldn't let him do the same to me, because it was too gross to even consider.

Then, at 19, I received my first oral sex from my boyfriend {same one I talked about in earlier post}, and found out that it wasn't as gross as previously thought.

Now, at 22, we laugh at my dictator-like rules from when I was 16:

"Now, we won't be doing oral. Ever. And condoms look gross so if we have to use them, YOU put them on and take them off. Also, I'm going to use the pill. Spermacide foam looks gross. I'm not having it inside me. And we're not doing anything until we're engaged. And I'm not using lubricant. Ever. It's slippery" etc etc

He remembers his mother wailing after we'd met for the first time: "You want to marry her one day?! But we'll never have grandchildren!"

Now she's happy because she has a two year old granddaughter. She tried unsuccessfully for a daughter for over 25 years.

It's totally natural to want a girlfriend! Or at least a fun girl to hang with, right? So just be cool, be yourself, and be too pushy or forward, but do caring and sweet things (touch her arm, open the door for her, buy her an icecream) every so often. And one thing: your peers and friends usually have not done as many 'things' as they say or you think they have, so just enjoy the company and excitement of someone you're attracted to and it's good to not make it the only thing happening in your life. If you're not part of a sport, join something!

Archived