I Love You.

Three words that I longed to hear from her...which I never got.

It's been about 10 months now and I feel like I've made great progress in moving on. However, my situation is a bit difficult. I see my ex everyday. Unfortunately I work with her.

Just a few minutes ago, I decided to have a smoke outside and noticed she was sitting at a lunch table talking on the phone. I thought twice about going out for a smoke, but I decided, why do I need to hide. I usually try to distance myself, so I wouldn't have to interact with her. She was just an ear-shot away while I sat there lighting my cigarette. I tried my best to ignore her conversation. She could have been speaking to anyone. Finally, the phone call ends and I hear those three words, "I Love You." People close to me in the office have said that she's with someone new. Some have mentioned her saying that she's "fallen in love." Now I know I'm probably over-thinking things again. Like I said, she could've been speaking to anyone. But once again, I jump to conclusions, thinking it's her new love. Another small setback in my progress. To be honest, I really do miss her and it's hard to forget when I'm constantly reminded everyday. Its unfortunate that we've become strangers once again, whereas a couple of months ago, she was my best friend. I try not to obsess with her and her life. I'm constantly reminding myself that it's the past. I'm trying to forget. Where to go from here? I'll never really know. Each day is always different. So it goes...

It may just be a temporary set back, and you're probably looking at what you wanted and seeing someone else get it and its making you envious.

What do you really want from her? What do you really want for yourself? Are the two linked? If so its really not healthy having daily contact and if I was you I'd be looking at finding a new job. New jobs are great - you meet new people and its a fresh start, forces you out of your comfort zone and makes you put more effort into life.

Its not neccessarily running away as much as it is moving on.

You have some buried issues about never hearing these words and she will always be a constant reminder of wanting something you can't have.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived