I want a drink before 5:00...is this a problem?

Caramel Apple Vodka – Special Rec...
Caramel Apple Vodka – Special Recipe You Need To Know! (2021)

I'm off today. I did all my cleaning and chores. I'm just chilling..but the thought of having wine or a mixed drink sounds appealing right now.

Is this odd? I get like this once in a while..and I usually don't drink at all till after 7 pm at the earliest.

I like to drink....just don't wanna get into the habit of drinking all the time...

or too early.

What about you guys? Do you all get this urge too?

Time of day has nothing to do with this being a problem. If you want a drink have one no matter what time it is. It is your day off. What makes it a problem is if you have to many or you need a drink to get through your day. Wanting a drink before 5 is okay. Wanting to get drunk before 5 not so much..haha..

Time of day has nothing to do with this being a problem. If you want a drink have one no matter what time it is. It is your day off. What makes it a problem is if you have to many or you need a drink to get through your day. Wanting a drink before 5 is okay. Wanting to get drunk before 5 not so much..haha..

Haha..yeah I don't wanna be stumbling to bed by 7:00 lol.

Might just wait till later..

I'm off today. I did all my cleaning and chores. I'm just chilling..but the thought of having wine or a mixed drink sounds appealing right now.

Is this odd? I get like this once in a while..and I usually don't drink at all till after 7 pm at the earliest.

I like to drink....just don't wanna get into the habit of drinking all the time...

or too early.

What about you guys? Do you all get this urge too?

I want a drink once in a while too. A nice cold beer lol. With a lime wedge.

Yet I'm no alcoholic.

At one point I couldn't control my drinking and would get "pissed" drunk... And have black outs. THAT was a problem.

Also, if you can't function without one or need one all the time I'd say there is a problem

Nothing wrong with that at all as long as you still do what you have to do. It only becomes a problem when you put alcohol before other things and neglect whats really important. Heck sometimes on my days off I pound a few back as early as 1pm and have been doing so for years and never had an alcohol problem often times I dont even drink a drop of alcohol for a few weeks at a time but the odd time Ill crave it even at lunch and go for it

I don't see why it would matter what time of day it is unless you have important things to do. As long as you don't feel like you can't function without it, I wouldn't say there was a problem. I'd personally rather watch paint dry, but different strokes for different folks. There's no one to say you can't do as you wish.

You definitely increase your cancer risks when you drink. She wasn't wrong about that statistic. But of course people constantly overlook their health and engage in risky behavior.

Agreed. I don't think the person who made that point was referring to the potential for death, but the potential for damage. I'm not a teetotaler but pouring foul-tasting dehydrating poison into my body to numb my faculties doesn't exactly qualify as my idea of a good time. Spending any length of time sober in a crowd of intoxicated people quickly gives one a firm grasp of how unfun it really is. Amazingly to me, a lot of folks go in for such a pastime. meh. Whatever rocks your boat. If I want a good buzz, I'll strap on my bass. To me, that's intoxicating!

She wasn't wrong about that statistic.
Maybe not. You can find a number on the internet to fly just about any argument. I know equally there are statistics out there that show a glass or two of red each day reduces the incidence of some cancers.

Also a 13% increase in the risk of cancer just doesn't make much sense. What sort of cancer? I presume not melanomas for example. Or lung cancer. So when you take out all the cancers that it does not increase the risk of, what are you left with? Maybe liver cancer and a couple of others. Now if you look at the incidence of these cancers that it may increase the incidence of and then understand that this is what the "13%" is referring to, then all of a sudden this increase is looking pretty incremental.

It's not really my point. If you live you are going to die. Most things you do in life hasten that equation (your beating heart for one). This sort of statistic is not really the sort of thing I believe you have to weigh against having some enjoyment in life.

Drinking can harm your health. no question. So moderation is always the key to anything.

It's about compulsion, frequency, and amount.

A drink or two is fine, but if you drink to drunkenness and passing out even a couple times a week that's a danger sign of binge drinking.

But a beer or two even every day is not shown to be a problem since you're not drinking excess nor to drunkeness.

Archived