Little question about the Pill!

I've just gone on the Pill for the first time. I decided to start taking it mid-cycle, which means I have to wait seven days before I can have sex without a condom. I took my first one last Wednesday, and my seventh one is tomorrow (Tuesday). So, am I protected from pregnancy as of tomorrow or the day after (which would technically mark seven days)?

Call your pharmacist or doctor as soon as you can to get the most accurate answer. I have always been instructed to wait 3 months on a new pill before removing the second form of BC.

Did your doctor really advise that? I don't understand, if a woman's cycle only lasts 28 days anyway... were you given a reason?

Did your doctor really advise that? I don't understand, if a woman's cycle only lasts 28 days anyway... were you given a reason?

I have been, I don't mean to scare you. Call your pharmacist or doctor.

But I was told it takes 3 months for the pill to regulate in your system and it is not protecting you until that point.

Maybe my doctor was being too cautious.

I've been told different things as well.

But I'd personally wait atleast a month..to know that you get a proper period and that it is working. It's going to change when your period comes, so its nice to know that it is working before you take away the second method. Plus, if its a new thing to you, you want to make sure you do remember the pill daily, if you experience side effects...you'd hate to have been relying on the pill solely and have some slip ups for the first little while.

Woah! And here was me wondering whether to quit condoms tomorrow or the day after!

I'm on Microcygon 30. My doctor said seven days when beginning the pill mid-cycle, and that appears to be the general consensus on health sites, too.

Archived