Me and my girlfriend have been having a great time lately. I love waking up with her and i can't get enough of her.

But yesterday after she finished work I phoned her and she was all of a sudden cold with me. This confused me because things have been so great.

Backstory:

On tuesday she kissed another guy. I felt to strongly to let this get in the way and said that I forgive her. I wasn't happy but I just want it to work. After that we've just really been close afterwards.

So she was all cold with me, started being generally rude and abusive. I'd say something and get "meh" or "Yeah, sure" in sarcastic tones as the answer.

I really want this to work and it's just confusing me :S

I just feel so strongly for her, I guess I am a doormat. Also, this guy is now stalking her and she isn't really telling him to leave her alone. She told me "He's a really nice guy, he's just really creepy".

He follows her into work and sends her innapropriate texts. I questioned her on it and she said "I'm used to it and it's not your problem anyway"

Dude, forget her. She was just probably using you for whatever she wanted and now she got what she wanted and is obviously moving on to other guys, she doesn't seem to care about your feelings at all. Besides how long have you known this girl?? If its a short time then it really isn't worth trying to save, you deserve much better!!

How long have you two been together?

3 months. So not too long.

One thing is, she did tell me. She cried and said how she didn't want to lose me over it. She sounded genuine so I said I'll forgive her but that's it after this.

But this guy is following her everywhere, texting her at 3 in the morning and found out all of her shifts so he can go to her work and talk to her.

He texts saying he loves her, she claims to tell him to leave her alone and that it will never happen because of his "Baggage" (he has a daughter).

Should I really dump her?

if it were me i'd dump her.

if she thinks he's really creepy she wouldn't have KISSED him. she's got issues and she's taking them out on you by acting rude and cold. tell her to get her stuff straightened out. number one should be to not speak to that guy ever again, and to tell him not to contact her. if your relationship means anything to her.

but see, you're her bf and she needs to show you that she is committed to you. kissing another guy is totally wrong, but forgivable to some people. forgivable if she discontinues contact with that guy and makes it clear that she is with you only. after cheating the cheating partner needs to step up because the trust was broken and they need to repair it. sounds like she's not doing that?

an ultimatum probably won't work because she is acting cold to you, and it will probably just make her pick up her pride and drive her away.

i think you could approach it like this.....tell her that you need to talk to her about something serious. tell her how you FEEL, without blaming her. then say that you don't believe the relationship can get better if she's still talking to that guy.

you do have every right to want her to stop talking to that guy....i mean she cheated...it's not like you're stopping her from talking to guy friends, but a guy she cheated on you with, that makes it completely fine if you don't want them contacting each other any more. don't say "don't talk to him any more" but instead something like "by you still talking to him it's making me really uneasy about things and it would be better if you stopped talking to him". it's a matter of respect from her part. one bad thing she did was to cheat on you. what's worse is that she's still allowing the guy to talk to her....that is disrespectful to you.

3 months. So not too long. But this guy is following her everywhere, texting her at 3 in the morning and found out all of her shifts so he can go to her work and talk to her. He texts saying he loves her, she claims to tell him to leave her alone and that it will never happen because of his "Baggage" (he has a daughter).

QUOTE]

Have you actually seen the text sent between them or are you only going by what she says?

This part really bothers me: she claims to tell him to leave her alone and that it will never happen because of his "Baggage" Shouldn't the reason for it to never happen again be because she has a boyfriend that she is committed to? So if he didn't have a daughter then it might happen again?

It's possible that she may have feelings for both of you. I'm sure she does feel bad about kissing him when she had a boyfriend and that is why she was upfront with you. She knows she was wrong. That doesn't necessarily mean she regrets the actual kiss, just the fact that she did it while having a boyfriend.

Archived