Support group!

KG

OK, this is kinda cool! There is no "Parents without Partners" group in my area. But lately, just out of coincidence, 3 to 4 of us having been meeting up, here and there.

Not for dating, but to bounce ideas, or grump about what it's like being single and raising kids. And we all come out of it a bit bouyed....

Last night someone commented, "who organised this?". Well, no one, unless Karma. So we're helping each other out with sitters, apartment hunting, and employment.

Things that come together like this, unplanned, give me hope!

Are these people you would consider friends? If so that's wonderful! In my experience social/support groups work the best with the least amount of organization possible while still getting together. It sounds like you've all stumbled into something good!

Are these people you would consider friends? If so that's wonderful! In my experience social/support groups work the best with the least amount of organization possible while still getting together. It sounds like you've all stumbled into something good!

I would consider them friends. We've got people looking for an apartment for one gal, I'm contacting customers to see if I can find a job for another. And someone just hooked up someone else with a reliable babysitter.

I would consider them friends. We've got people looking for an apartment for one gal, I'm contacting customers to see if I can find a job for another. And someone just hooked up someone else with a reliable babysitter.

KG, that's great! This is how the world works when I let myself dream. It really doesn't get any better than what you are describing right here. I am so happy for you! One thing to watch for is people expecting a return favor from the same person they did one for, it doesn't work that way generally, people will pass it on but in their own time and in their own way. "Members" of your group will come and go as needed and it's all okay.

Archived