Flirting gone wrong?

renaissancewoman101
What would you do? | Funny barber p...
What would you do? | Funny barber prank gone wrong #shorts

Last night I had fencing practice again. P (the guy I like) was there again. I did manage to fence with him and a few other people. We were goofing around and making snipes at each other because he borrowed my blade and stuff like that. At one point in our goofing around, he jokingly said, "we should stop doing this because people are gonna think you like me or something like that". I laughed at him and said "ya right, I don't like you in that way", and left it at that. I really did NOT know how to respond to that. I DO like him, but, in the interest of joking around with him, I denied it and just left it at that.

We did talk some more during the evening and he gave me pointers on some fencing techniques. As usual, he joked around with me and that other girl who seems to like him (although she has taken her "single" status off her Facebook). With her, it's interesting. We both stick around after practice to talk to P, if he sticks around and most times, at practice, he will stick around afterwards.

Did I commit some faux pax here?

All this flirting around drives me nuts. I like to "cut to the chase" and see if we can go out.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cut to the chase. he'll know you were just kidding if you go ahead and state your intent. this is a homedoodle that is easily undid.

he's probably wondering 'i wonder if she was joking or if she really doesnt like me?'

why did you respond in that way? you even had it all set up for you to fire back. you say you try and flirt, but i don't see it. he gave you ammo and you had the gun. you tossed it out.

exactly. you had a perfect opportunity to say something, and now he probably thinks you're not into him at all

why did you respond in that way? you even had it all set up for you to fire back. you say you try and flirt, but i don't see it. he gave you ammo and you had the gun. you tossed it out.

I got afraid. I was afraid that if I said I liked him, he'd react weirdly.

When he said those words to me, I took it as being he was just joking around and wasn't looking for me to tell him that I liked him.

I guess I was wrong. Ugh!

Toodle Pip, not sure is he was trying to flush out if I like him or not. I just took it as he was joking with me. Thing is, I think he KNOWS I like him. His friends know for sure that I like him. And it's NOT hard to see that I like him, esp how I am around him.

Also, there was no way I could have asked him out last night, he was there with his mom.

I know that was the perfect opening. Just afraid to take it and make a mistake.

thanks EQD. I need to get the cajones to ask him out.

I think he knows I like him. It seems his friends all know.

I've had a crush on him for a few months now.

What do you mean "this is a homedoodle that is easily undid"?

ever watch Juno?

she kept shaking her pregnancy test hoping it would come out negative and the store clerk who i believe is also in The Office as dwight said 'your eggo is preggo" and "this is one homedoodle that cant be undid' lol

I got afraid. I was afraid that if I said I liked him, he'd react weirdly.

When he said those words to me, I took it as being he was just joking around and wasn't looking for me to tell him that I liked him.

I guess I was wrong. Ugh!

dont get stressed out about it.

this actually could be the ball that gets this thing rolling. Take it as a sign to initiate. he was most likely fishing for you to say 'well i do like you' so its apparent you just got the green light and he likes you back.

i'd take it as affirmation and invite him out for dinner or drinks this weekend.

DOOO IT!

Awww....

he jokingly said, "we should stop doing this because people are gonna think you like me or something like that".

You should have said "And they wouldn't be wrong" or something like that. But hindsight is 20/20. I can see why you would be hesitant if his MOM was there. lol

I guess keep flirting and see where it takes the 2 of you.

Everyone who thinks he was fishing raise your hand or say "I"

*raises hand*

he was being obvious. but i can understand why you got scared and 'froze'

and now you are 'unsure' because you are afraid to get rejected. but trust me. i have 10ena dollars that says you wont get denied.

How can you tell when a guy is just flirting around when he says those words and NOT expecting you to tell him back that you like him?

And when he is "fishing" around, looking to see if you really dig him or not?

I can't tell and so I err on the side of caution.

why do you ask this over and over and over again? just flirt with him already. stop waiting for this magical 'for sure' sign. there really isn't one. sure, there are great indicators, but nothing is 100%. you have to make your own way in life. don't always count on someone or something to guide you.

I just fear being rejected so much, esp since if he really wasn't meaning that and I took it the wrong way, it could make it uncomfortable for the both of us. And we also both hang out with the same group of friends. I don't want to change the dynamic of our friendships.

I know I missed my chance. His mom being there also had something to do with it. She wasn't standing NEXT to him, but she was around and if I asked him out, there was no way we could have hung out last night since he had to drive her home.

I am not sure when I will see him next. I do know he plays WoW and whenever he is playing online with his buddies (also our friends), and I sign on, he usually makes it a point to say "hi" to me and joke around with me.

Maybe if I play WoW tonight, and he is around, I will send him a personal chat asking him out (in WoW, you can do a "party" chat where everybody in your group/guild sees what you are asking, or you can click on their character name and do a "personal" chat.

What u guys think?

Ren, you seem so paralyzed with fear over asking him out.

You are just going to have to "do it", like the commercial says. Worst case scenerio is he says no. The world won't end. I don't think your friendship will end. Everything will be okay.

You'll never know unless you try.

Just "do it"......

Maybe I'll do it the next time we play WoW online. Not sure if that's the best way to do it, but I'm not sure when I will see him again.

He doesn't always go to all the practices.

And if he turns me down, I'll come back on here crying my eyes out.

If he turns me down, or feels uncomfortable, I hope it doesn't ruin our friendship OR our friendship with our mutual friends.

He was acting weird last night though. In the beginning of practice, he overheard me telling someone that I owed money for my taxes this year (yeah, I owe about $130 ). He then came up to me and joked with me by asking me how much I owed for taxes. He took out his wallet and joked around by telling me what are friends for if they can't help somoeone out, etc. I finally told him I owed $130 and he said "oops I don't have that much, but here's a $1". Then he giggled about it.

Strange!!!!!

Maybe I should ask the mutual friends if the timing is right. But that makes ME look incompetent. Ugh!

Archived