A few hours ago I think I experienced an anxiety attack. There are so many things going on in my life and I was talking to people on the phone and on Facebook and everybody was asking me to do all this stuff and I just suddenly started breathing rapidly and trembling and sweating, I sat on my bed and tried to relax but just started to feel nauseous and dizzy and continued with the shaking and not being able to breathe. This went for a while until the nausea stopped and I just started crying and sobbing for a couple of hours.

I just feel so under pressure, like the walls of my life are closing in on me and there is nothing I can do. University is stressing me out, I have so much to do in so little time, I'm expected to be a teacher in a classroom in less than 2 weeks and I can't handle it, my friends are pressuring me to put more time and effort into the band I'm in, but I just don't have enough time to practice or go to all of the gigs, I don't know how to tell them I have to quit, I'm worried about money, and family life, and all my health issues, and the tattoo I'm getting removed... I'm just so stressed out about everything and I don't know what to do to stop these anxiety attacks and I can't stop crying. Everything just seems unfixable. :sad:

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. It's just your mind is trying to process too much at once. Close your door, turn off your phone, and get out a sheet of paper and list all of your activities and responsibilities. Then write down your top two-three goals for your life at this point. Then cross out all those activities and responsibilities that aren't directly related to achieving your goals.

Once you've got something concrete in hand, it makes it easier to deal with things without having to 2nd guess your actions.

I'mnot sure what I can say to help... How are you feeling atm?

Pretty terrible. There are just so many things going on in my life right now and I feel as though they are all just flying around in my head and I can't control them, or anything... and yeah as I said I just feel like everything is unfixable and so many things that are pressuring me and putting stress on me and making me anxious.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. It's just your mind is trying to process too much at once. Close your door, turn off your phone, and get out a sheet of paper and list all of your activities and responsibilities. Then write down your top two-three goals for your life at this point. Then cross out all those activities and responsibilities that aren't directly related to achieving your goals.

Once you've got something concrete in hand, it makes it easier to deal with things without having to 2nd guess your actions.

Thank you so much for this advice. I need to take some time to process everything and make my concerns/ goals concrete. I just go into overload too easily, and feel as though I can't handle any of it.

Pretty terrible. There are just so many things going on in my life right now and I feel as though they are all just flying around in my head and I can't control them, or anything... and yeah as I said I just feel like everything is unfixable and so many things that are pressuring me and putting stress on me and making me anxious.

I've gotta say, JJs advice is probably your best bet atm. Once you've got a list of things you *need* to get done, you can work at crossing things off. If they seem too big, break them into smaller steps that you can complete. It's amazing the amount of power you regain once you have concrete proof that you'regetting somewhere, even if it is just pen on paper.

Lost...firstly ...youre a nice person. Secondly you are nearly finished the teaching course. I know life can get overwhelming sometimes. You really need to get some rest. Do you think you are catching a cold or flu as well? It seems they hit hard.

We have to deal with things one by one. What is your biggest single problem lost?

Lost...firstly ...youre a nice person. Secondly you are nearly finished the teaching course. I know life can get overwhelming sometimes. You really need to get some rest. Do you think you are catching a cold or flu as well? It seems they hit hard.

We have to deal with things one by one. What is your biggest single problem lost?

I'm nearly finished the teaching course but even when I finish I will not know everything and I'll be worried and confused and lost and not knowing what to do. Everything is just so overwhelming. I don't think I'm catching a cold or flu.. I don't feel sick. I feel drunk, but I'm not. I can't sleep. I don't know what my biggest single problem is... everything it seems.

I'm nearly finished the teaching course but even when I finish I will not know everything and I'll be worried and confused and lost and not knowing what to do. Everything is just so overwhelming. I don't think I'm catching a cold or flu.. I don't feel sick. I feel drunk, but I'm not. I can't sleep. I don't know what my biggest single problem is... everything it seems.

You will be fine ..trust me. I have 7 family members who are teachers. Prac is not so bad. No one knows everything on their first day lost.That is the point of prac and hands on. This is where your real foundation for teaching will start. You wont be out of control...you will be getting in control. Youll be learning in the classroom environment...

Youve spent quite a few years at this and its nearly your time to shine and we both know deep inside that you can do it..You can lost. You even look teacherish..hehe

What do you think? Honestly?

I had another anxiety attack today. I don't know how to control it Even when I try to write things down I just can't believe how many things I have to sort out in my life and it makes me panic.

It's not just about the teaching TB, but all this other stuff going on as well Bah, life is hard.

Archived