getting hit on while in a relationship

babii doll

anyone else get offended when men approach you when you have a BF?

i know theyre isnt a visable sign that says "your taken" for these men to read before they approach me but at the same time it annoys me a bit still, im even offended at times.

especially when i wear the ring my boyfriend gives me i figure its an obvious sign that im unavailable but men STILL approach me thinking they will have a chance.

im almost disgusted by it, more than annoyed. its usually 20 somethings that approach me while im out minding my own business, but last night a 57 year old stopped me at the train station trying to make short conversation..

i mean seriously? the guy was older than my dad.

when i tell them i have a boyfriend you think it would be their cue to walk away but most of them will still try their HARDEST to be "friends" with me.

i've also had men try to approach me while im with my boyfriend!

sorry i needed to vent, that 57 yr old through me for a loop last night.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't annoy me if they don't know I'm not taken, but when I tell them I am not interested or available, it does irritate me quite a lot when they carry on. It's almost as if them still trying when they know you aren't available is an insult, like you would be the kind of girl to be unfaithful.

it does irritate me quite a lot when they carry on. It's almost as if them still trying when they know you aren't available is an insult, like you would be the kind of girl to be unfaithful.

gotta love that. i remember this guy asking me if i was faithful to my boyfriend, almost like he had this glimmer of hope that i would say "no" ugh..

I find I rarely get hit on when I'm taken. I have this air about me, I think. I make it obvious [ though I don't know how ] that I don't want to be bothered by men. It's not a stand-offish, pissy air but...don't know how to describe it.

However, when I'm single, I find I get more attention.

I don't know how you dress or what kind of aura you have about you but I know that my ex had a girlfriend that got hit on constantly. It was because of the clothing she wore and she just had this way about her. She used to get hit on when the boyfriend was with her too.

I don't really know what advice to offer as you're making it clear to us that you have no intention of spending time with these men. If they give you anymore compliments, I would just mumble a thank you and move away.

Doesn't offend me. Keeps me from feeling like I have to put up with all my BF's BS because there's no one else out there who notices me. Unless they are doing hooting, whistling, or other crap like that.... which I hate. If they are just approaching me, no big deal. Hell, at least they tried.

i get alot of attention when im single as well but even more so when im taken.. i could be in sweats in a tshirt at walmart minding my own business and STILL get hit on.. (and it has happened to)

i dont make myself look available or seek attention in anway, for the most part i keep to myself so im not sure what it is exactly.

i dont want to come off as a b--ch when they approach me, so i keep it short and tell them i have a boyfriend.. but some of these guys can be pushy.

only a few will respect that and walk away, unfortunately not all of them.

i get alot of attention when im single as well but even more so when im taken.. i could be in sweats in a tshirt at walmart minding my own business and STILL get hit on.. (and it has happened to)

i dont make myself look available or seek attention in anway, for the most part i keep to myself so im not sure what it is exactly.

i dont want to come off as a b--ch when they approach me, so i keep it short and tell them i have a boyfriend.. but some of these guys can be pushy.

only a few will respect that and walk away, unfortunately not all of them.

Ahh, I see. Well, I don't really think there's much you can do about it. Some men are just so persistent and clueless.

One of my closest friends is a lesbian and when men find this out it's as though they take it as a personal challenge.

Morons...

Unless they are doing hooting, whistling, or other crap like that.... which I hate. If they are just approaching me, no big deal. Hell, at least they tried.

i hate when they do that. some guys really need to work on your their lines..

i've had a few "come here" and "hey you" comments recently, like im some dog that they can command.

My first reaction was to the word OFFENDED. Why would I be offended if a man hits on me. If it was rude hooting and whistling sure, but if we're talking about simply getting approached becasue they find me (or you) attractive why would I take offense to that?! Yes, it's a different story if they KNOW I'm attached, and yes it's different if they continue to persue aggressivly after I tell them I'm taken. But before all that, why would I be offended?! I'd be flattered, I mean after all it is a compliment if you're approached.

So no way I'd be offended if a man hits on me (tastefully of course).

I would'nt be offended if someone approached me!

We gotta know we still got it =) should just be flattered.. and not uppity.

I understand if the guy was being stupid and over the top with it, even when you said you had a bf, but not generally being approached.

This is the reason why I'm glad that I'm just an average looking girl. Getting all this unwanted male attention would drive me to the edge. There are guys out there that won't care if you have a boyfriend or a husband. Actually there are even some who will find a taken girl as a challenge. The only thing you can really do is tell them you're not interested and walk away.

I would'nt be offended if someone approached me!

We gotta know we still got it =) just be flattered and not so arrogant.

I understand if the guy was being stupid and over the top with it, even when you said you had a bf, but not generally being approached.

there is no arrogance there, and i dont see it as flattery either maybe because ive experienced this so much over the years that it gets old to me.

they use the same lines, same 'can we be friends' speel.. it just gets old and annoying i guess. im just used to it and so over the pick up lines and corny game they usually throw at me.

Archived