Very Weird Encounter with Ex-Girlfriend

Sunnyguy

A few days ago I had a very strange encounter with an ex-girlfriend which has left me confused. This is a girl that I had met at work and we had dated for about 7 months. I broke-up with her about a year and a half-ago because we had religious differences that I thought might make it impossible for us to be together and in addition my family was very opposed to our relationship.

After breaking up with her, I regretted it and felt maybe we could have worked around our differences. We got along great together otherwise and the chemistry was unbelievable. I tried to get her back two months after breaking up with her but she had already started to gate a guy from her own religion and said that she wanted to be with him.

That was a year and a half ago. Since that time I had realized my mistakes and really tried to learn from them. I think I have grown quite a bit as a person from therapy and from reading these fourms. When I had previously seen that girl at work it was friendly at first but recently the conversations have been limited to a simple wave and a hello.

However, last week I saw her at work and she saw me and we both gave our usual waves to each other and that was it. After she left I went to get lunch. When I returned to my desk, I found her sitting in it writing me a note to me which she stopped when she saw me.

She said that she wanted to talk and see how things are going. She stated that she wanted to be friends because we are "very similar." She also knew that I would be moving soon and asked if I was going to move without saying goodbye to her. When we spoke the chemistry was all still there and you can tell that we both still cared for each other.

I found all of this somewhat suspicious. She is still dating the new guy and now she lives with him. She claims that she is happy and waiting to get engaged. So, why after all this does she suddenly want to rekindle a "friendship."

I'm not sure what to make of all this and would welcome opinios about how to proceed. I still care for her but just recently have started to see someone else and feel as if I was just starting to get over her...and now this...

She sounds shady, and I will bet you there is trouble in paradise where the guy she is living with is concerned. People don't write notes in ex's cubicles to restart a friendship with an ex while blissfully in love and waiting to get engaged unless they are not really so happy and looking to stir something up. Until she moves out and breaks up with her current BF, you should stay away from her completely, especially if you feel chemistry building between you two. From reading lots on ENA, you should know that no good is likely to come of this for you.

She sounds shady, and I will bet you there is trouble in paradise where the guy she is living with is concerned. People don't write notes in ex's cubicles to restart a friendship with an ex while blissfully in love and waiting to get engaged unless they are not really so happy and looking to stir something up. Until she moves out and breaks up with her current BF, you should stay away from her completely, especially if you feel chemistry building between you two. From reading lots on ENA, you should know that no good is likely to come of this for you.

Completely agree!

If she's with another guy, I'd cool it. It's not about him, it's about avoiding someone who would be disloyal to a lover.

Think about it: if she's not being disloyal, then what's in it for you, exactly? And if she is being disloyal, then what's in it for you--exactly?

In your corner.

Archived