Syberian Husky X border Collie

villie

Theres a Syberian Husky X border Collie for sale for only $350 (very good!) but ive never heard of this cross breed. Does any one know what they might be like?

image removed image removed image removed

Or my other option is a Golden Retrevior for $600

image removed

Its actually very difficult to choose!!

Thank you!!

Yeah wondered if they might just be toooo hyper crossed together! both georgous dogs tho.

I was pretty much decided on the golden and then i saw that.

Thansk for the sugestion Debaser_Wolf! Yeah, shelters make me sad, love to take them all home! But i kind of want to get it as a puppy.

Thank you!!

Yeah wondered if they might just be toooo hyper crossed together! both georgous dogs tho.

I was pretty much decided on the golden and then i saw that.

Thansk for the sugestion Debaser_Wolf! Yeah, shelters make me sad, love to take them all home! But i kind of want to get it as a puppy.

You might be able to find puppies in shelters. I understand the want for puppies also. I greatly prefer getting a dog as a puppy as they are less likely to have emotional problems and are easier to train. Not to mention adorable...

You'd be surprised how many people just leave liters on the side of the road.

I vote shelter dogs too. I got my puppy from a shelter when she was about 2 months. old.

Of the two, I'd get a goldie. Huskies need a job and lots of exercise, and collies can be stubborn to train. But a mix may be healthier then a purebred goldie. Either of those puppies would be HUGE, need lots of exercise, and will require a lot of grooming!

border collies are super intelligent and energetic... huskies bark a lot and have a lot of energy from what I've seen. Probably going to be an interesting dog as an adult.

Goldens.... a warm lump of love but they do tend to exude doggie odor a lot, I've noticed. I'm a big fan of samoyeds, keeshonden and the like myself.

There are soooo many dogs available at shelters and at rescue organizations... you can even look online if you like a particular breed, like goldens, and they will frequent have mixed breeds... so if you google golden retriever rescue, you will find lots of groups and they'll carry mixed breed goldens.

or the same for border collies ... look for border collie rescue leagues.

the thing about mix breed mutts is they have what is called hybrid vigor... there are lots of health problems in pure bred dogs related to inbreeding, and when you cross different breed they are usually much healthier because they are hybrids with greater genetic variability.

I've owned both purebreds and mutts, and the mutts definitely had far fewer health and/or emotional problems.

Do some online looking for dogs with temperaments that suit your lifestyle. You can always find a cute dog, but you want one that fits your lifestyle and living conditions, whether you have kids or nots, or cats, or live in an apt. vs. a house with a yard etc.

There are lots of 'pet selector' resources on the web that will suggest dog breeds... you also want to consider things like how much grooming you'll have to do, whether you have allergies, or a dog that sheds, or any other characteristic that may or may not appeal to you.

OP, please rescue. Please don't contribute to the overpopulation problem. The shelters usually have more puppies than anything b/c people don't spay their dogs & they wind up w/ pups they don't know what to do with. Please save a life.

A cross breed dog is just a mutt w/ a cool name. I think this new hybrid craze is a crock.

Please look at shelters & rescues if you want a specific breed!!

OP, please rescue. Please don't contribute to the overpopulation problem. The shelters usually have more puppies than anything b/c people don't spay their dogs & they wind up w/ pups they don't know what to do with. Please save a life.

A cross breed dog is just a mutt w/ a cool name. I think this new hybrid craze is a crock.

Please look at shelters & rescues if you want a specific breed!!

Thanks. I will look into shelters more. I'll try to visit my local one. They have an 'adobt a pet' type thing, but they never have puppies. Maybe they dont put them all on there.

I do see where your coming from, save a life of a dog at a shelter/rescue - most have probably been abandond or had a horrible life so far - but i guess - even these little new ones, even from a back yard breeder still deserve a good home. They are still a life....

Thanks. I will look into shelters more. I'll try to visit my local one. They have an 'adobt a pet' type thing, but they never have puppies. Maybe they dont put them all on there.

I do see where your coming from, save a life of a dog at a shelter/rescue - most have probably been abandond or had a horrible life so far - but i guess - even these little new ones, even from a back yard breeder still deserve a good home. They are still a life....

But don't you understand that the "they are still life" concept is wrong? If they didn't breed their dogs, the shelters wouldn't be as full b/c more people would adopt. There wouldn't be as much a demand for breeding if people would understand that there are wonderful dogs dying everyday, even puppies, inside of shelters. The puppies you're talking about were bred for money & gain, without thought to how bad the overpopulation problem is. Then more dogs end up dead in shelters b/c people bought the dog without thinking of their lives.

Who's going to have the shortest life? The dog sitting in the shelter, unadopted, or the dog at the breeder just waiting till someone writes a check?

Do you understand what I'm saying?

As for the shelter listings, thye normally don't put up the puppies b/c everyone wants the puppies & it gives the older dogs less of a chance to be saved (yes, saved). That doesn't mean the puppies aren't there though.

My sister went to a pound & got a puppy once. A cute little furball who grew into a beautiful, loyal & happy dog whod die for my sister if he needed too. You can get even amazing puppies at shelters. You just have to have an open mind about it.

It's a cycle. Think about it. If these breeders didn't have as many people to buy their dogs b/c they were rescuing instead, they wouldn't be able to breed their dogs as much. Fewer animals would end up in shelters & thered be less need for pounds b/c they wouldn't be as full. Fewer dogs would die every day. The adopted dogs would be sent out spayed/neutered, creating fewer litters of unwanted pups, keeping the shelters still less full. Eventually this way, the overpopulation issue would dwindle down.

All it takes is one person to adopt, then they can show people why adopting is so important instead of buying, getting one more person out there to adopt & then they tell another person about it.

The dog who didn't get bought at the breeder won't die, but the dog who didn't get adopted at a shelter will. That's how the "even those puppies at breeders need homes" argument ends.

Right now with the economy the way it is there is a great chance that you will find exactly what you are looking for, including puppies at your local shelter. Since its also coming into spring there will no doubt be an epic 'puppy boom' from unplanned breedings.

Visit your local shelter, you will be surprised what you can find there, and it may save you hundreds of dollars, not to mention save an animals life and support the shelter.

check link removed

its a search engine for animals nearest you that are for adoption.

But a 'golden doodle' is just a mutt... A mixed breed... why is that to be objected to? If you look, you can find a golden doodle at the shelter or at rescue leagues.

I have two mutts, one that is a terrier/springer cross and another that is a terrier/cocker/poodle cross, and they are absolutely adorable and wonderful healthy dogs because they have hybrid vigor.

I recommend dogs based on the characteristics of the breeds being mixed and the circumstances of the person's life, and mutts who can be adopted at shelters or rescue leagues, not based on any 'fashion'...

i think if a silly name helps get the dog adopted, more power to it! it's all just marketing. So my dogs would be a 'springier' or perhaps a 'terricockapoo', but whatever they are called, they are lovely and healthier than pure breds.

• 3 months later...
St Berdoodle Puppy 'Toast' ...
St Berdoodle Puppy 'Toast' Growing Up (Saint Bernard Dog Cross) BestWoof

Archived