I'm gonna be an auntie!!

hers

My sister just called and told me she's pregnant!! OH MY GOD! I'm so happy!!! They got married in June and they weren't going to start trying for a couple of years but when I went to visit her over Valentine's weekend, she said they were trying! She just called and said she's estimated at 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant (which would be right before I went to visit), and that her due date is November 4, the DAY before my birthday!!! That's going to be the best birthday present ever!!

Now I don't want to wait till September to move down!! I want to be there her whole pregnancy! This changes everything! Oh man I am so happy right now!!

I was like "Erin, are you screwing with me!!" and she said her husband said the same thing! He said that's the worst joke ever, and she told him she wasn't kidding!!

She went home this weekend to visit our family in Peecola and she drank a lot, but the doctor told her it should be ok, but no more!

Oh man, my sister is pregnant!!

YES!!

Thank you!!

When I was down there visiting her (her husband was out of town so it was just us two), we were trying to come up with names. She has the boy's name decided (Jeremy Bruce, Bruce b/c her husband's name is that and he's a 3rd, and they have to keep it going, but she refuses to do the 4th!), but they can't decide on a girl's name! They want a boy but will be happy with either!! They want just one child too so hopefully they get their boy!

Woooohooo! Your wish came true

Your sis is lucky to have your support.

Aunties are really special in a kid's life. My sister means the world to my little boy. "Aunite" was one of his first words- if you just show him my sister's pic- he smiles.

Yes!! I think I wrote that thread when I was down there visiting her too!

Edit: I wrote it before I even found out she was trying, and then I think I updated that thread about it when I was down there. I'm SO happy right now!!

I can't tell my dad or mom b/c she wants to wait for the risk of miscarrying to go down (plus wants to tell them herself). I can't tell our 2 best friends (2 girls we both have been friends with since childhood) b/c she wants to tel them herself. So I called my 3 best friends who don't know my sister well at all. They could tell by my excited "GUESS WHAT!" what the news was!!

How much on average has she been drinking? It is not good for the baby, but I highly doubt there will be any bad long term effects.

Tons of women drink when they don't know they are pregnant. As long as she stops now, she's on the right track. And she will!

oh yeah now htat she's pregnant, she's stopping. she just has a couple of beers every once and a while but i know she overdid it this weekend b/c she was home visiting friends.

My cousin went out drinking alot right before she knew she was pregnant she was about 7 weeks when she found out & drinking every weekend. Once she found out she stopped & the baby was fine. Im sure a lot of women have a few drinks during the "unknown" period.

Do you think the baby will be ok given that she drank a lot this weekend and has probably been drinking a little since she's been pregnant? She's 6 weeks and 6 days!

Yes, she will be fine. This early in the pregnancy drinking has an 'all or nothing' effect, meaning if it affected the embryo should would lose it. Many women drink before they are aware they are pregnant, myself included. I had about 10 drinks in the week before I found out! And all my ultrasounds and blood work have shown a healthy baby.

Congratulations! So happy for you. My sister is also expecting (10 weeks along now) and I can't wait to be an auntie. It's doubly special since our babies will be 3.5 months apart!

Target has baby flip flops!

Waiting 33 more weeks is gonna kill me!

Though I did buy the baby flip flops...gender neutral of course!!

LOL, just remember if this baby is born in Nov or December that by the time it is warm enough to wear flip flops he or she will probably have outgrown them!

LOL, just remember if this baby is born in Nov or December that by the time it is warm enough to wear flip flops he or she will probably have outgrown them!

Haha I know, I thought of that after I bought them!! They live in orlando so it's almost always warm out but I'm still gonna go exchange them for the bigger pair to wear when it's about 6 months when it's warm!! They're so cute though!!

Haha I know, I thought of that after I bought them!! They live in orlando so it's almost always warm out but I'm still gonna go exchange them for the bigger pair to wear when it's about 6 months when it's warm!! They're so cute though!!

Right! I forget that other climates don't live in winter for 8 freakin' months of the year!

UNPLANNED PREGNANCY QUOTES :KAVEESH...
UNPLANNED PREGNANCY QUOTES :KAVEESHMOMMY

Archived