How did you meet your girl/guy friend?

appleguy
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror St...
Talk To A Girl You Like - Horror Stories Reaction - Dating Stories Series - Darkpedia

Who approached who, what happened, and how did you guys end up dating?

For me, the most memorable was how I met my first gf. I took a bus from Boston to go shopping in New York and saw the prettiest girl sitting a few rows behind me. We happened to be on the same bus that night on the way back to Boston and we ended up sitting in the same row but on opposite sides. The whole ride I wanted to talk to her but didn't have the balls to, even though we were making a lot of eye contact which got to the point of awkward. After getting back, I told a few friends about her and I was thinking I'd never see this girl again! I couple days later, a friend called and asked if I'd be interested in going out on a double date. Turns out my friend knew her friend (which she told about me, the guy on the bus), and they set up a double date for us. Well, we dated for about 3 months and it was fun.

Met my bf where I worked, I work in retail. He came in to buy an electronic item, thought I'd never see him again. But 2 months later he came back to get that item fixed, 2 weeks later he returned and bought me something from the store. Text messages were exchanged to thank him then one thing led to another and we've been together for 6 months.

Every time he came in we would talk for about an hr, about everything, in other words we just clicked. My coworkers said I looked mesmerized and so did he, lol.

we met during an exhibit. the company i was working for participated in the exhibit. he, on the other hand, was working for a governemnt agency that was among the organizers of the said event. well actually, we were already familiar with each other because we studied in the same university. in addition, my ex and he belonged to the same fraternity! small world indeed!

we were never introduced nor had the chance to talk way back college days. surprisingly, we clicked! after being together for three days because of that exhibit, we still kept in touch through calls and text. the next thing i know, he was already visiting me in my house! we've been dating for 4 months now, and it keeps getting better!

I love good 'How Did You Meet' stories! Unfortunately, mine isn't that interesting. My boyfriend and I shared common friends long before we were together, including a now ex of mine. I always had a bit of a crush on him and one day I decided to pursue it. I told him how I felt, and within a couple of weeks we got together and fell in lurrrve. We've been together for 2.5 years now and I know he's the man I want to spend the rest of my life with I knew that immediate crush was destined for more!!

I think that's likely how most people start a relationship. A third party acts as a go-between.I don't think the random approach works that often.A guy approaching a girl,cold.It won't usually happen that way for a shy person-a random approach.

I agree... I'm not the shy-est person ever... but sometimes I feel like I am. It feels weird sometimes to approach a stranger and then have nothing to talk about, it's not really about being shy, just that we really don't have anything in common.

That's why I made this post. To see how others are meeting others and what are some successful things people have done. Maybe people can rip off an idea or two from here and modify it a little bit according to their situation and ideally meet the man/woman of their dreams

We met in rather odd circumstances..I came upon a motorcycle crash while I was also on my bike, I pulled over to the side of the road to see if the rider was okay and she said she was, although she sounded a little shook up and almost about to cry. She took off her helmet and this huge mane of beautiful blond hair came spilling out everywhere, and she looked simply stunning. I mentally slapped myself for thinking like that considering she had just crashed, but I remember thinking "wow" a few times in my head..

Long story short, we ended up striking up a somewhat awkward motorcycle conversation while we waited for her dad to arrive with his pickup truck to get her and her bike. When they were about to pull away and I was just about to re-enter traffic, she hopped out of the truck with a pen in her hand and came over and we ended up exchanging numbers. I called her a day later and etc etc.. we are still together, going on about a year and a half.

The last one was in one of my classes. He asked me to study with him. We decided to go out drinking instead even though we had a test the next day. Yes, I failed the test but I had one of the best nights of my life. We didn't last long because I didn't trust him. He was a lot of fun though. Now he's engaged 6 months later. I'm glad it wasn't me.

Archived