I don't know where to put this..

Hmm I have a dilemma of sorts.

It seems a piece of the ex's mail was forwarded to my new address. It happens every now and then, usually just spam. It looked like another piece of junk mail so I opened it up...and it's from a bill collector.

He apparently owes a good amount of money, and this letter is them offering to cut the debt almost in half if he will pay that much to settle.

We have not spoken since Nov. Our last contact was a burning of bridges, I'm reasonably sure he hates me, lol.

So what do I do? Just forget about the letter or contact him? We have a mutual friend but the ex is very private about finances and would not appreciate that kind of message being relayed.

Yeah, just send it on. To be fair you probably shouldn't have opened it, but that's by the by and you can't change it.

I'm with anya on this one.

Ditto on all of the above.

Next time you get anything addressed to him, don't open it.

All you need to do is just draw a slash through your address, and next to his name write: "Please Forward".

Pop it back in the mailbox, and wash your hands.

Oh, and if "Please Forward" doesn't work, then eventually go ahead and try "Return to Sender".

At least then whomever sent it will know that they've got the wrong address, can sort it out (creditors in particular are very adept at finding people who owe them!), and can amend his contact information in their systems.

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

Archived